• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by the elf

1. the elf

.htaccess ?

Hmm.. Try a search on http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ for something that encrypts passwords. Then you can just ftp the changes in as the password format is easy.. username:password
  2. the elf

.htaccess ?

With perl.. Just hack it to meet your needs.
  3. the elf

.htaccess ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html :rolleyes:
  4. the elf

Would you pay for this service?

Hmmmm... That's the problem with HTML. You can't really hide anything.
  5. the elf

gisol.com: down... down... down....

Re: blaming the victims May be so, but if anyone took the matter to court, and for a $10 plan (that would just show me how stupid people are) the host would slap the AUP/ToS into it for I donno, resource abuse and have a better chance of winning. The customer may be able to use 65 GB/month...
  6. the elf

Would you pay for this service?

To be honest, I don’t think I pay for such a service. I always try to “mark” sites in a way where “scammers” would have a few long nights of creative work if they really wanted the design i.e. putting text over a image so they can’t “cut” it out etc without losing hair. Second, because it’s...
  7. the elf

By shopping around. :) Host 1 has a 50 MB 10 GB plan for $9.99, host 2 for $14.99 and host 3 for $12.99 and host 4 for $1.99. You can see, the normal cost for a 50 MB 10 GB play is around $10-15 and if you go for the $1.99 plan, something is wrong. I hope people don't apply the same (going...
  8. the elf

I said "you can't pass all the blame onto the host". The customer should review and question before they buy and apply the old saying "if it's too good to be true, it is". Seems kinda funny how almost every other host has 50 GB plans for $25+/month, yet the OP found this one and signed up. I...
  9. the elf

Dedicated Servers....

They only had cogent?? wow!!
  10. the elf

Dedicated Servers....

Why don't you wanna signup with fdcservers??? Is it because they are slow??
  11. the elf

No it's not. When everyone else is paying $1-$2/GB they get what they pay for, yet the OP pays $0.15/GB then comes here and whines saying I got scammed and they suck. Let's face it, he/she got sucked into an oversold web host that can't/won't offer what they provided. Simple as that. To me, I'd...
  12. the elf

I think the problem is that you really "think" your going to get 65 GB/month for only $9.95/month. They use RackSpace.com for their main page, yet put customers on RackShack servers. :rolleyes: Even if RackShack, 400 / 65 = 6.2 now $99/month / 6 = $16.50, yet you only paid $9.95 which means...
  13. the elf

Wanted::5mb, php, mysql, 100mb transfer

Re: Asian IPs Thanks for the list. :D edit: weeeeee i'm blind. :rolleyes:
  14. the elf

best solution for my busy forum?

That's right it does, because your not getting some crappy ($50-$300 special hardware discount junk). Your getting a server you know has no problems, and should last you a long time (or until you outgrow it).
  15. the elf

Why I can go to ghs20.com ?

I can't do anything, the IP block was banned, and it will remain banned.
Back