• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by TehGuy

1. TehGuy

WordPress development question.

If you just need the root url, you can echo the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] variable. There's also the $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] variable for getting the part of the path after the base URL. You can do it with javascript, too with document.URL or window.location.href. Not entirely sure if this...
  2. TehGuy

Mobile Friendly layouts?

There's a few options. Here's what comes to mind: 1. Responsive Design - This essentially means the layout changes depending on other factors, such as screen or window size. You can do this with CSS media queries (which aren't supported in older browers, aka IE8-) or Javascript. A great...
  3. TehGuy

Drop down menu

My post disappeared so sorry if it ends up showing up twice: You can do the drop down part with just HTML and CSS, nothing fancy required: http://jsfiddle.net/xBtZu/1/ If you need help with the form submission/email part, I can show you that too. I figure this post is kind of old, so you may...
  4. TehGuy

Modal Windows - Javascript/Jquery

Easy enough to show how it works in one post, but you're right, it's tough to explain all the concepts all at once. There's a lot involved for the whole process, even if it boils down to ~10 lines of code. You need some knowledge of html/css, javascript/jQuery, a server-side scripting...
  5. TehGuy

Modal Windows - Javascript/Jquery

Yup, but you gotta be a little more specific. Did you make your own modal solution, or are you using jQuery UIs? What do you mean by transfer data? Loading content on the modal only when it's clicked? POSTing or GETing data to another page?
  6. TehGuy

Done any fun scripts / projects lately?

Every now and then you make something just for the pure fun of it, so I figured I'd make a thread for showing off those sorts of projects. I woke up maybe 2 hours ago and decided I was gonna try to make a simple game with JavaScript/jQuery, and here's the result: http://jsfiddle.net/jFMmN/...
  7. TehGuy

What kind of scripting is this and how do they do it?

You can do all of that with plain jQuery, which is nice, since it (theoretically) will be supported in IE6+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. There may be plugins for fancier animations, or something that already specifically does this, but it's very simple to implement yourself (mine has...
  8. TehGuy

Dynamic array

Given a 2-field table called statesCities, with fields stateID and cityName //This function will give back an array of cities that are in the given stateID function getCities($stateID){ $cities = Array(); $result = mysql_query("SELECT cityName FROM statesCities WHERE stateID =...
  9. TehGuy

Dynamic array

Depends on if you want to pull all the data at once, or if you want to pull it for just for a country. Ideally you'd have 2 tables: countries ID name cities ID name countryID (foreign key, referencing ID from the countries table) Yours is pretty close to the second table...
  10. TehGuy

How to change the completion percentage of progress bar in HTML?

The easy way: http://jqueryui.com/demos/progressbar/ The harder way is just doing it yourself in javascript, or flash if you feel like it.
  11. TehGuy

I'm looking for some bachelor party ideas

So I'm looking for some bachelor party ideas. The plan was gonna be camping / drinking, but that fell through due to schedules with out of town people. The party is this Saturday. Two conditions here, unfortunately: 1. No strippers / strip clubs. 2. Most of us (10 people or so) are...
  12. TehGuy

Login proxy script?

If you're just looking for a registration/login system to restrict access to certain pages, I can help with that, assuming a PHP implementation works for you. I've done one or two in the past, so I'm sure I could come up with something in a few minutes after work tomorrow. Just let me know if...
  13. TehGuy

I am a big fan of Google Chrome.

I've been using Chrome for around a year now as my primary browser. I like the dev tools that come with it right out of the box, and it's fast enough for my needs. I end up doing web development in some form at home, school, and work, so having the same familiar environment in all of those...
  14. TehGuy

Xhtml

Your page is getting thrown into Quirks mode in IE7/8
  15. TehGuy

Image Hosting Idea

Dropbox already has a lot of those features, so does Picasa. You'd need to distinguish your idea a little more to make it worth using over an established service. The website manager idea sounds kind of cool, but I'd imagine anyone with enough technical expertise to create web pages from...
Back