• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Pamster

1. P

Message Boards

Have you already got a website? If your host allows CGI and you have the space Ikonboards are pretty good-however if you just want a good message board ezboard is not too shabby-although they have added pop ups to their free service now and also are charging board owners to remove them. If you...
  2. P

Need hosting for Flashboard

Oh I Hope it works! Like I said we have a ikonboard there and I think the SPEED ROCKS! But as for ezb-I saw your posts about it and I agree 100% they are not taking into account you just reopened Global Spider and if it gets the traffic you got before-you'll be looking at I would guess...
  3. P

Need hosting for Flashboard

100megsfree.com Hi Dean, I know you've been looking to get out of ezb and I can NOT blame you one bit after what went on this weekend there. I have a ikonboard that is set up on 100megsfree.com and they do have FTP & I think they offer CGI (As the Iboard uses it) so you might wanna check...
  4. P

Anything OTHER than excelland that provide 100mb or over?

http://www.100megsfree.com Never used them. Might work for you though. :)
  5. P

Host for my forum (YaBB)

Just to add something-a group of us web masters from 50megs just made a killer http://cultforums.netfirms.com ikonboard (the cult is what we decided to call outselves since there already wasa 50megs guild-we had a awesome group of folks in teh tech forum so you know how that goes... :) ) and...
  6. P

Wanting to make avi out of vhs-anyone know how?

Thanks! looks like a great place to do some research! :) Thanks Law Town Junkie! :D Appreciated the link! :D Pamster :D
  7. P

Wanting to make avi out of vhs-anyone know how?

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has experience with doing this since I want to use some VHS tapes to digitize some video for my overseas family to down load and meet my 4 year old son. I know you need to have a video card that can do it and I have a ATI one TV in one thing. (Hubby's...
  8. P

Just signed on with Netfirms...

Cool! I think for the most part they are going to work fine for me and I am now (not ready to do this yet, but definitely planning on it next year) looking for a host for some avi's of me on my prosthetic leg and some of my son...I have family overseas who have YET to meet the lil guy...
  9. P

Just signed on with Netfirms...

I like their FTP access and have been working on my site-as I am moving it from 50megs-its not the next yahoo so I doubt it will even be missed-just over 4,000 hits since August of last year ANYWAYS so go figure, but it is my choice to move to show I don't like the way things are changing at my...
  10. P

Freeservers, & 50megs.com MERGED??!!??

I know I had my site there at 50megs since AUgust of last year and recently the service has been unbearably slow and tech help like non existant-people have gone four or more days without a word...Sites were down and I heard HERE it was a router prob and never heard one word about it...
  11. P

Freeservers, & 50megs.com MERGED??!!??

Yes its true that they have and I have heard nothing good about it. Site owners from the 50megs tech forum are angry as hell-o about this and who can blame us right? we were lied to about things and what we got stinks...I am moving my site now and happily I might add. This seems to be a theme...
  12. P

50megs.com

back up Yeah I have it all on my hard drive and floppy disks because I appreciate triple back up ya know? ;) 50megs sites are back up too btw. :) I would like to hotlink and perhaps have downloadable zips of like my book samples. I was about to totally redesign it anyway and I do have a...
  13. P

50megs.com

Well I have had my site since August of 99' And 50megs was wonderful!!! I mean I got lucky!!! My site was small at first but over time of coding my writings into pages I got up to 15 megs of stuff! :) Very proud of it-have it all backed up of course, but hey, I used to work in a ISP and...
  14. P

New FWP

What about security issues DM? Just a thought, how secure are servers these days? I mean you must consider what platform aka operating system you will rely on. I hear good things about Unix and Liunix but not sure about red hat and a few others. I would support this as a great idea and I...
Back