• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by [JSH]John

1. [JSH]John

VPS Hosting v/s Normal Hosting

The difference is that with normal shared hosting you are buying web space on a server. You can't install your own software and you have lower limits for your website. This is fine if you're just running a website that doesn't have huge amounts of traffic and don't need custom software. It's a...
  2. [JSH]John

Wildkat Ltd | UK cPanel Web Hosting - LiteSpeed - SSD - DDoS Protected - *** 50% OFF ***

UK Web Hosting - Powered by cPanel, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed! Wildkat Ltd use the industry leading cPanel control panel to make getting your website online easier than ever. We also use CloudLinux to prevent a single website overloading our servers along with LiteSpeed to ensure superfast loading...
  3. [JSH]John

Cloud hosting..?

Great explanation WSWD. People are still confused about cloud hosting and it seems so are many hosts as they'll advertise their standard VPS's as being in the cloud, when they are in fact using a server with hard drives and no SAN or software to do cloud hosting.
  4. [JSH]John

$1 per month - why?

I'll never understand why any host would only charge $1 when it's impossible to cover costs at such a low price. The thing is, a lot of customers will still sign up for $1 hosting...
  5. [JSH]John

[UK] JSHosts - Premium Web Hosting ★ 50% Off For Life ★ cPanel/Softaculous/CloudLinux

Shared Web Hosting - Powered by cPanel & CloudLinux JSHosts use the industry leading cPanel control panel to make getting your website online easier than ever. We also use CloudLinux to prevent a single website overloading our servers. This enables us to offer excellent uptime and stability to...
  6. [JSH]John

WHMCS Licenses Lifetime Cheapest

If it's a web host license I'm doubting it'll even work outside their IP space, or eventually the license will be revoked when WHMCS do an audit. Definitely too good to be true and the $5 price tag proves it :)
  7. [JSH]John

UK cPanel VPS - Free cPanel & Softaculous - Free Backups - 100% Uptime

JSHosts cPanel VPS packages give you the easy upgrade path from shared or reseller hosting as well as the security of owning your own server, with full root access to install your own software. The cost of cPanel and Softaculous is included in the price of the VPS, so there are no hidden costs...
  8. [JSH]John

xenForo it is!

This looks great! There's no report button showing up though. See snip of what we see.
  9. [JSH]John

Minecraft

Do you or have you played Minecraft? It's a great game, so it might be a good idea to jump in and get to know it a bit if you haven't, especially for offering support. Mods such as Bukkit are really popular and come as standard with most Minecraft hosts now. Take a look at the hosts already...
  10. [JSH]John

How to Use RDP - Best Remote Desktop Apps for Windows, Mac, & Linux

I love TeamViewer too! I changed a security setting on my home media server and got locked out from RDP. Fortunately I had TeamViewer installed so I managed to get back in without needing to hook up a KVM.
  11. [JSH]John

JSHosts - Premium UK Web Hosting - ★ 50% Off Your First Month ★

Shared Web Hosting - Powered by cPanel & CloudLinux JSHosts use the industry leading cPanel control panel to make getting your website online easier than ever. We also use CloudLinux to prevent a single website overloading our servers. This enables us to offer excellent uptime and stability to...
  12. [JSH]John

Best mod_security Rules Recommended for Apache

You could have just checked the logs and disabled the rule(s) causing the problems. We disabled quite a few rules that aren't really suitable for a shared hosting environment.
  13. [JSH]John

Best mod_security Rules Recommended for Apache

Comodo's WAF are quite good and regularly updated. I've had to disable quite a few rules as they're too strict for shared hosting, but still a good ruleset.
  14. [JSH]John

FraudRecord

I'd love to see it as a plugin in WHMCS that can do a fraud check similar to Maxmind when an order is placed.
  15. [JSH]John

FraudRecord

This is a really useful tool. Been using it for a while and it's helped when reviewing orders as well as sending reports to warn other hosts about abusive clients!
Back