• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by AndreVR

1. A

PHP: Uploading files in safe-mode

I´ve already found a solution I´ve already found a solution..... I´ve written my script in another way..... It was creating a directory with mkdir(); and then, it was moving the file into this directory, with move_uploaded_file(); The problem was that directory was being created by Apache...
  2. A

PHP: Uploading files in safe-mode

Hello, guys... I´d like to know if it´s possible to upload files via a HTML from using a PHP script in a safe-mode config. The problem is: move_uploaded_file() function doesn´t work, and I get this warning: So... any way to go? Using another function? Overriding this UID check? Ps...
  3. A

Looking for a host

I know there's a sticky Host FAQ here, but... the hosts listed there didn't solve my problem. I'd like a host with these features: PHP and MySQL, at least 10Mb of space. I'd prefer without ads, but I can put up with pop-ups (PLEASE SMALL POP-UPS!) or text links (NO BANNERS!). I don't mind...
  4. A

One Free Account

I want this! I'd like to use this space! :D
  5. A

ghs20.com Free Web Hosting

Hahahaha Well... I thinks it's a loss of time to announce a hosting that doesn't allow sign ups....:biggrin2:
  6. A

megabytestored?

What happened to www.megabytestored.com ? :confused:
  7. A

need a host to run background IRC script!

Impossible!! IRC bots are resource eaters.... and it doesn't matter if you run it in CGI or in a Linux shell.... Backgound processes are terrible for the websites. Think of it: a forum with MUUUCHHH PHP takes many resources, but for a short period, that is, the loading of a page. Background...
  8. A

Questions about vBB

Well, people.... I'd like to install a copy of vB forum in my site. But I don't want to pay the fee, so I thought about installing vBulletin Lite, that it's free.... So, I have some questions: 1 - I know that it has fewer features, but..... what features does it have? Much less than a free...
  9. A

http://www.hpg.ig.com.br

Of course I know other brazilian hosts! Of course I know other brazilian hosts. So, I'll talk about some of them: Vila Bol http://www.vila.bol.com.br : you must sign before for a free e-mail from them. 30Mb, pop-up, no scripting, FTP. A little slow. Starmedia www.starmedia.com.br : 25Mb...
  10. A

http://www.hpg.ig.com.br

HPG!! Well... my opinion.... Well.... I'm an admin of a Brazilian webmasters portal... I thought I should speak a little about them, since I know them well... It's a Brazilian host and they have some problems: 1 - Not reliable: because we've had reports of deletion of some files and the...
  11. A

CGI, PHP, FTP, no ads

How could you? How could you recommend PORTLAND..?!:whatthe: It is terrible and their bandwidth....... hahahaha ROTFLMAO
  12. A

Free host that offers Telnet/SSH access

I'd like to setup a forum (I have some options, so.... it could be a host that offers Perl or PHP/MySQL). The problem is: there are TOOOO many files to upload via FTP.... If i had shell access (Telnet/SSH), it would be a lot easier (I could upload the compressed file and decompress it INTO...
  13. A

host.sk vs. digitalrice?

Digital rice is good, host.sk sux! Host.sk is quite slow and unstable... I've had some problems with DigitalRice before, but now the service is good. Average speed.
  14. A

New Host

How to support ASP in a Unix server Simple. There's one module for *nix called mod_asp, i think..... I'm not very familiar with it, but I've heard that this doesn't offer full functionality
  15. A

HOST NEEDED FOR OpenBB

it's very difficult to findo one! Well, in a previous thread, I said that a free host for a forum is very difficult. In reality, these scripts tend to turn into a bis database, and free hosts avoid that.... :( If I had a host for you in my mind, I'd say.... but..... :cry2:
Back