• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by actorj

1. A

exist hosting? Anyone know anything about these guys?

triple w ------------ dot com Sounds very good.....but things arent always what they seem. They claim to have been in business since 1999 and own their own datacenter.
  2. A

how extract tar.gx files in windows

i got an error the first time i tried to open in in winzip, but strangley i tried it again just now and it worked.
  3. A

want to add a "comment" funtion

i thought i would post an example of what I mean by a comment function. The simpler the script the better, I want nothing fancy, just a simple unobtrusive... It should use a text file for storage too, as I think (once I figure get the hang of this stuff) that my MySQL databses will be better...
  4. A

hmm, typo, yes, I meant tar.gz And yes, I know they are meant for installation on unix machines, and that is where I will install it, but I first need to open the file on my windows machine.......
  5. A

what program to use, where to get it?
  6. A

could you please say that it again taking into account that I have no idea what I am doing.... ;-) I should have mentioned that the solution also must be FREE. So, simple to use, basic features only. Actually the more basic the better.
  7. A

I have a page on one of my website that lists all of the talent agents in the city. I want to link each listing to its own page, where users can post thier comments about each agency. What is the best way to go about implementing this? I am not a programmer so it has to be simple enough.....
  8. A

NEED! host that accepts pre-athorized debit

yes paypal does allow you to do that, but it only applies to debit cards by visa or mastercard. A bank issue member card, that most people use for debit, is not an valid option. So PayPal is a joke. What is the point of it?
  9. A

NEED! host that accepts pre-athorized debit

hah! PayPal, what a joke. They let you get all signed up and they tell you: You need a credit card to "activate" your account. PayPal is completely pointless.
  10. A

terabyte has good prices, and so on

okay, question for myacen. If I want to open an account and pay with a wire transfer (western union is not any more conveinet, and probably more epxnsive) how will you know that you have recieved my payment when it enters your account? And should I use your sign up form first, and then send...
  11. A

opinions on tera-byte, 100megswebhosting.com, can-host.com

the thing about terabyte, is despite the convenience and peace of mind I would get from going with a canadian host, they don't offer nearly the same ammount of features for the price that you guys do.
  12. A

Im in canada though.... Seriously, I am not very versed in paying for sutff in any other mannner than cash or debit card, so excuse my ignorance. Where would I have to go to send money through western union?
  13. A

but they seem to lack extras, no mailing lists? Subdomains? Multiple FTP accounts? I would sign up with myacen, but who knows how long it would take to send a cheque to australia? I really need something right away.
  14. A

great, but can anyone tell me how feature, and easy to use tera-bytes control panel is? I have asked them for a demo, but they have not replied yet.
  15. A

opinions on tera-byte, 100megswebhosting.com, can-host.com on tera-byte specifically. Do they use a good, full featured control panel?
Back