• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Winbuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ok, I don't think we'd want people who resort to insulting and antagonising others, just because they are wrong aka you.

:lol: That's almost ironic comming from you - your word for today 'ironic' :evilb:

Since it's the weekend I'll give you 2 words, the one above and 'lame' as in disabling your own rep and thinking you can give someone else bad rep - the time stamp gives it away you know ;)

So your words are 'ironic' and 'lame'

Homework in by Monday morning.

Last edited:
Google is by far the best search engine, their market share is huge, and they have the best services like gmail. Why do you think Google is so successful? Why do you think linux is their personal preference and not something else?
Put the two together for God's sake....

Yes, its all becuse they use linux :doh!:
They are so rich now becuse they use LINUX!!!!
That is a pretty stupid comment.

Look at windows and you could say the same
They have 1000s of windows servers
They run hotmail
msn etc
And they as rich as hell!
:evilb:

You also said befor,
It has nothing to do with personal choice,
LIFE is about personal choice, nearly everything we do is personal choice!
Why is picking a OS any differnt?

Alot of the other stuff you posted was about security of servers,
Mabye you should read up on unbuntu
Its basicly a linux for n00bs and was always designed like that!
So all your "server security" stuff & "google owns becuse" stuff really has nothing to do with what is being talked about.

What the people are talking about is,
Windows is a easyer OS to use than linux you dont have to stuff around finding the right drivers for everything or compiling source codes all day long
You click buttons and its done.
If you really truly belive linux is just as easy to do these sorts of things then you really truly know nothing about linux.
Even linux experts say windows is easyer.

Last edited:
<rent-a-modding>
not meaning to butt in, but this thread has degraded into nothing but insults on a personal level.
</rent-a-modding>

Yes, its all becuse they use linux :doh!:
They are so rich now becuse they use LINUX!!!!
That is a pretty stupid comment.

Yes, a very stupid comment, and that's why I never made it.
Google isn't the richest, and I never claimed that they got rich using linux.

What I did claim is, their success exists partially because they use linux, and linux is what supports their success.

Not richness, but success. They are they best. Why? They use linux.

Look at windows and you could say the same
They have 1000s of windows servers
They run hotmail
msn etc
And they as rich as hell!
:evilb:

Yeh, they are rich, but they suck. Nothing compared to google.
hotmail totally sucks. msn totally sucks.

You also said befor,
It has nothing to do with personal choice,
LIFE is about personal choice, nearly everything we do is personal choice!
Why is picking a OS any differnt?

What? I didn't, if course it's a personal choice. I never claimed otherwise.

Alot of the other stuff you posted was about security of servers,
Mabye you should read up on unbuntu
Its basicly a linux for n00bs and was always designed like that!

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Ubuntu is one of several distros designed with ease-of-use in mind. Is that a bad thing? Erm....no, it's a good thing.

So all your "server security" stuff & "google owns becuse" stuff really has nothing to do with what is being talked about.

It has everything to do with what we're talking about. It's why linux is the best.

Why do you think google is so successful? Because their choice was linux. Would they have chosen windows, they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful, because they can't change windows in whatever way they like to make it better suited to their purposes, hence why they use linux, because linux is customisable, and google (and anyone else), can make anything they want of it.

Not to mention linux is the most secure OS.

What the people are talking about is,
Windows is a easyer OS to use than linux you dont have to stuff around finding the right drivers for everything

I don't know how many linux servers you manage, but let me be frank when I say, there's no need to install any drivers for anything on a server.

or compiling source codes all day long

This just shows how little you know about linux. You do not have to compile anything. Clearly you don't know what you're talking about, as you seem to be totally unfamiliar with the concept off package managers, so please, withdraw.

You click buttons and its done.

Same on linux. Except it's a lot easier, because it downloads, installs and configures everything for you. Windows can't do that. Especially not from the command line.

If you really truly belive linux is just as easy to do these sorts of things then you really truly know nothing about linux.
Even linux experts say windows is easyer.

Oh I know nothing about linux? I use linux, both at home and on my server. Do you use linux? That's rich coming from you, because you don't use linux, yet you seem to think you know everything about it.

And no REAL linux export will ever tell you that windows is easier than linux, or he/she wouldn't be an expert of any kind. All the experts know that the only future in computing is linux.

<rent-a-modding>
not meaning to butt in, but this thread has degraded into nothing but insults on a personal level.
</rent-a-modding>

Well if Decker could actually argue his point, or at least have something to back it up, he wouldn't need to insult me for every "rebuttal", and could actually say something meaningful to his side of the argument.

Last edited:
Well if Decker could actually argue his point, or at least have something to back it up, he wouldn't need to insult me for every "rebuttal", and could actually say something meaningful to his side of the argument.

I have :p you haven't, just saying it's better because I think it is, is not backing up, take the google OS/DB point can you say yet what they use then? I can, and 'hypocritical', you have your 2 words for the weekend don't overstretch now :shame: you also missed the point on your own site, probably on purpose, your linux driven linux supporting site open for a year but not finished (and you can't get it to work on IE) with nothing on it bar your own tainted opinion on linux being great and MS not being, use your energies wisely and also listen to others, plenty of feedback on your blinkered views on life in this one thread alone.

We've all given an opinion on the thread topic, you just chipped in with your copy/paste logic as usual.

Since your such an self proclaimed 'authority' how about your actual constructive view of the use of the topic OS and the installer.

Last edited:
I have :p you haven't, just saying it's better because I think it is, is not backing up

I have provided valid arguments, and you have came up with insults for rebuttals.

you also missed the point on your own site, probably on purpose, your linux driven linux supporting site open for a year but not finished

Which site are you talking about? I have numerous sites, but none of them are half-finished or anything like that, they are what they're meant to be.

(and you can't get it to work on IE)

Can't get what to work in IE? The only site I tested in IE throughout dev is my liway site, and since IE doesn't support standards, and saw that it wasn't displaying it properly, I had no intention of doing anything about it.

Quite frankly, it's not me not being able to make it work in IE - it's w3c compliant and works in every browser - it's IE not being able to support web standards, which have been around for many years.

with nothing on it bar your own tainted opinion on linux being great and MS not being

See, you calling my opinion tained shows how immature you are. How can an opinion be tainted? It's just an opinion, it's not right or wrong - it's just an opinion.

And what's wrong with putting my opinions on my site? After all, isn't that why many people choose to have sites? So that they can express their opinions?

And once again, what site are you talking about? Because I just can't figure it out.

use your energies wisely and also listen to others

I listen to many others, don't get jealous just because you're not one of them.

plenty of feedback on your blinkered views on life in this one thread alone.

Ahhh, so now you are insulting my views on life as well? Any other way you want to insult me, rather than try to prove your point, you navigate away from it, and try and insult me.
I think that speaks stronger than anything.

We've all given an opinion on the thread topic, you just chipped in with your copy/paste logic as usual.

And now you're accusing me of copying and pasting. Really pathetic. Really is.

Since your such an self proclaimed 'authority' how about your actual constructive view of the use of the topic OS and the installer.

I've already stated it. If you're in disbelief, why not go back on the thread and look for yourself.

This is exactly what I'm talking about....can't come up with anything so you take it off-subject and insult me in various ways.

You windows lovers are all the same.

I dont have as much time to reply like you and quote everything but..
You keep moving to servers all the time
I think you have proved by yourself linux is only good for servers :)

You windows lovers are all the same.

Most people here arnt windows lovers as you put it.
They simpley grew up and relised its pretty lame to bag a OS when like 60 -80% of home users use it. :lol:
If you can not accept the fact that its personal choice and you still want everyone to think your way, all I can say is good luck with that! :wave:
And I must say you linux kids are all the same!

BAG windows BAG BAG BAG BLA
It really pisses me off and Im not the only one sick of listing to ppl bag windows just becuse they found linux

If you think its cool to be differnt try being emo or something.

Last edited:
Facts:
- Linux is good
- Windows in good
- Linux is a good desktop OS
- Windows is a good desktop OS
- Linux is a good server OS
- Windows is a good server OS

Myths:
- Linux has bullet-proof security
- Windows has bullet-proof security
- Linux is more stable then windows