• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Winbuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to be a pretty bloody big noob to not be able to insert a CD into the CD drive, restart the comp, and double-click on "Install".

Regardless, how does it deal with windows and NTFS?

Agree with stuff, the team that develop it have put a lot into making the desktop version more user friendly :)

I installed Ubuntu Dapper long ago lol, and used it for awhile. I haven't upgrade it to Edgy yet lol, might do it soon but I think it will take too long as it has been long since I last touched Ubuntu. Alot of updates to install. :(

Anybody who wants to install a Linux system should at least know how to burn a bootable disc and install it lol. Else they will just be wasting their time IMO.

I installed Ubuntu Dapper long ago lol, and used it for awhile. I haven't upgrade it to Edgy yet lol, might do it soon but I think it will take too long as it has been long since I last touched Ubuntu. Alot of updates to install. :(

Anybody who wants to install a Linux system should at least know how to burn a bootable disc and install it lol. Else they will just be wasting their time IMO.

Don't agree, the 'installer' runs and allows others to experience a *nix OS, and if it's where they learn to burn one eventually then great.
Some don't know or feel comfy about downloading 4 CD's or a DVD full, so cut some slack. :)

What are you 2 talking about?
Ubuntu's live cd is one cd (700mb) and it installs the full ubuntu if you ask it to as well.

Just relised,
We are talking about that gay installer arnt we LOL
No slack cutting allowed decker, :p
its one cd and if you cant burn one image file to disk and put it in and reboot theres something wrong.

The online download as you go installer - the first bit of the post - which allows total new intro to *nix, no slack on newbies ;p. Bet you were born with a shell book in your hand ;p
It's a great idea to get folks into Ubuntu, so great seling tool. Plus gets folk into *nix as well :D

Yeah I had a blank moment wondering wtf was going on then relised,

Its a good idea I "spoz" but its really simple enough to install the live cd :\

Don't agree, the 'installer' runs and allows others to experience a *nix OS, and if it's where they learn to burn one eventually then great.
Some don't know or feel comfy about downloading 4 CD's or a DVD full, so cut some slack. :)
Well maybe you're correct... ;)

haha yeah, linux/*nix awareness is growing every year. I don't suggest it for your main computer yet, as many people still like to use windows for gaming, audio/video editing, etc.

but soon.. soon it will become a great personal computer too! It'll be fun when companies start developing games to support linux too :p

Lol you can edit video and sound on linux, as a matter of fact the open source community is working on the best video editor in the world atm, just because there wasn't one for linux (which beats the rest, as all linux software).

So like, Your saying over 50% of normal computer users are lieing?
ok.
What you mean is this: You like linux more.
I like windows, I like linux too, To me they both have there uses!
I do bag windows, But I also bag linux
Windows has far more security issues
Linux is crap at installing desktop type programs,
Its easy if its a package!
Eitherway,
I dislike some things about linux and I dislike some things about windows!

To sit there and say "linux owns windows" is just silly If that was true EVERYONE would be using it. :classic2:

So like, Your saying over 50% of normal computer users are lieing?

I wasn't aware that a billion people were surveyed on the subject, let alone that 1/10000000th of them know what they're talking about.

What you mean is this: You like linux more.

No, linux is better than windows - and thats why I like it, not the other way around.

I like windows, I like linux too, To me they both have there uses!

Yes, if you ever want to install an OS on a computer, only to have a virus on it 5 mins later, XP is your OS.

Linux is crap at installing desktop type programs,

Pure rubbish. Linux downloads, installs, configures and updates all software automatically, now I'd like to see windows try and do that.

To sit there and say "linux owns windows" is just silly If that was true EVERYONE would be using it. :classic2:

That's a stupid argument.

By your logic, everyone should be exercising at least 1 hour every day, and donate a significant portion of their income to charity, use green energy, participate in community programs helping the environment, etc.

But not EVERYBODY does that though do they? Even though it's obvious even to them that it's the right thing to do.

Lol you can edit video and sound on linux, as a matter of fact the open source community is working on the best video editor in the world atm, just because there wasn't one for linux (which beats the rest, as all linux software).

Just blown your own argument, and the 'best video editor in the world' is relative to which part of 'editing' your involved in. The Amiga had the crown for that years ago and it's still difficult to shift. The Video toaster and associated software was available for the Amiga only then MS, the code was then released publicly, so if the Linux world hasn't done anything with it yet to give it the 'best video editor in the world' then what does that say? Still not supported enough/as much to make it the all encompassing system you always go on about Starcraftmazter, your constant bleating is really getting boring, you are incapable of backing up what you say, you just chuck random 'linux is the best for everything' in at any opportunity. :p

No, I can support what I'm saying, as I have, but I know nothing about video editing since I never do it, that's all.

Linux is obviously better, it's more secure, more stable, installing and maintaining apps is easier, it's faster, it has more features, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back