• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do hosts ever respond to trouble tickets anymore?

msrosie

I am so sick of hosts not responding to trouble tickets. My current host is just as bad as the host I left when I joined it and I am looking for a new host. Are there any hosts out there who actually respond to trouble tickets???

Actually, when you choose a web host, you need to check whether they have a 24/7 Live Chat, or 24/7 Technical Support, it is very important.

What's more, when you are choosing a host, you can send them the ticket to ask something you want to know, and you can check whether they reply to you as soon as possible, if they forget about it, or reply to you two weeks later, well, how can you expect they offer you good after sale service?

Actually, when you choose a web host, you need to check whether they have a 24/7 Live Chat, or 24/7 Technical Support, it is very important.

The host I have now advertises 24/7 support but it seems like once I was up and running, they stopped responding. Their "live chat" never seems to be online.

It all boils down to the true and proven fact You Get What You Pay For.
If you want a good reliable service, pay for one.

For us, support tickets get answered at the same rate at which emails do. However, we realize that we can't offer true 24/7 support (live) and that is why we don't say that we do (many hosts just say that they do but what they real mean is that you can submit a support request 24/7; which is a given anyways).

I am so sick of hosts not responding to trouble tickets. My current host is just as bad as the host I left when I joined it and I am looking for a new host. Are there any hosts out there who actually respond to trouble tickets???

We've been to
1. HostGator
2. DimeReseller
3. Iipanel
4. Tamranda
5. SurfSpeedy
6. PixelFXSolutions
7. LiquidWeb

PixelFXSolutions has the best and fastest reply to support tickets, although I eventually gave up the servers I bought from them because of their system of service.

The only hosting company I can recommend and that do really respond to trouble tickets, whatever it is, is LiquidWeb. Our dedicated servers now are from liquid web and though their support is not very fast, it is under considerable amount time.

>Dayu

Last edited:
I AM paying for one, please do not make ASSumptions.
Though XeonServe may not a phrased it in the best way, the general essence if what he is trying to say is true. If you're paying two dollars per month for 1GB of space and 50GB transfer, you shouldn't expect your tickets to be replied to as fast as say a host that may charge $10 per month for 1GB space and 50GB transfer. True 24/7 support is likely to cost you a decent amount each month. Unfortunately some of the lesser know hosts tend to stretch the truth a bit. The best thing to do is ask yourself whether you could run a business in the mode they are, and use that as a basis for your expectations. Obviously we do not know have much you are paying or which host you are using. However, if you don't think you are getting what you are paying for, switch to an established host with a good track record.

Hi msrosie,
I understand your frustration. Im not sure how well you researched your new host. Did you try submitting a ticket for a second time? Honestly there are so many fly by night companies around...you really have to be careful whom you choose. I hope it works out for you. Give us an update when you can. :angel:

You want fast response, check out Futurehosting.biz, I've had them for over two months now and I've sent them over 10 tickets (mainly regarding exim failing on me) and they've always managed to respond within the first 30 min. I think I had one time that took them almost 1hr and that was the latest. I'm usually surprised at how fast they get back to me. It seems like they're waiting for me to send a ticket just so they can reply back with a fix/answer.
Also, I've had iiPanel a while ago. They were fast at givin me support when I need it. If I rememeber correct, I don't think it took them over half a day AT MOST to reply back. You might be wondering why I left if they were so good, the reason was I needed a VPS instead of shared hosting. I'd recommend these two anytime for anyone.

MODS: we need a thumbs up smilie!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You have to analyse before you go with a host of whether they good support such as 24/7 support, trouble ticket support, live chat support ect. Any host who do not provide even any one of the above mentioned will not be a good host provider in the business.
So make sure the above mentioned when you deal with a hosting provider

Advice accepted

Hello MsRosie,i certainly understand your frustration, that is the reason i am here to give some suggestions for people around who are looking for a new host. I dont want to mention what hosts me, but i think as far as hostgator are concerned, their ticket strategy is quite complex. But they do provide good hosting services.

However, i cannot say about their support techniques. So let me know what more you are looking for and i will try my level best to guide you the best.:)

Four tips to ensure you receive the highest standard in Web hosting:

1 - Security and Reliability
2 - Service and Support. 24 x 7
3 - Stability
4 - Financial Stability

The above might help you to analyse the web hosting provider as a checklist.
So make sure as you are already in the bad part of support, make an eye for that if you move to other hosts

1 - Security and Reliability
I agree. You should be able to get a general idea from forums such as WebHostingTalk or SitePoint.
2 - Service and Support. 24 x 7
I would disagree here. Obviously you need the host to be monitoring their servers 24 x 7, but not everyone needs 24 x 7 support. If you do need it, make sure you are willing to pay for it or you are likely to be disappointed (many hosts claim they offer 24 x 7 support but don't deliver).
3 - Stability
True. Once again, you can check WebHostingTalk.
4 - Financial Stability
This is rather hard for a customer to determine. If prices look too good to be true and the host hasn't been operating with those price for at least a year, be wary. However, there are so many factors I think it would be difficult for most people to accurately determine financial stability.

Hello, thanks for the feedback :)
We believe that ticket support is very essential, hence, our ticket support is 24/7/365.
Just a question, why is the word iiPanel showing in red in all the posts in this thread?

You should know the people who are behind the opperation and find out how long they have been around. I haven't really been active on this forum for quite a while now and it is simply amazing to come back and see all the new faces. It is also amazing to notice how many of the "big hosts" that were around a couple years ago that have since disappeared and went under.

Back