• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

pAnT CaKe

Originally posted by YUPAPA
I don't have that much Ingredients!

I have sugar, flower, salt, banners, eggs... that's about it!
That's enough for Swedish pancakes! Note these are thin, not the thick American style.

Eggs, wheat flour, milk, suger, salt

For each egg take 2dl of milk and 1 dl of flour. Whip it all together (a little flour at the time). Add salt and sugar until it tastes good. You can add it LITTLE baking powder (just the tip of a knife they aren't supposed to rise), but you don't have to. Let it stand for at least 20 minutes.

Heat a pan. Lots of butter. Good heat. Pour A LITTLE of the batter in the pan and wiggle the pan so you get a thin layer all over. Turn the pancake over after a short while. Make them as thin as you can. The edges should be a little torn and crispy.

Eat with jam, jam and whipped cream or ice cream or just sugar. Rolling them around the jam and cream is good. Milk is best to drink with them.

Pancakes are a dessert item? News to me, I've always eaten them for breakfast.

What is buttermilk? I don't know, I'm not a cook. Pancakes come out of a bottle in the refrigerator, that's the extent of my knowledge. I'll look it up for you:

but·ter·milk (noun)
: the liquid that remains after butter is churned

You can also quickly go to the local store and buy Pancake mix. It's much faster and easier to use.

Originally posted by Dusty
Pancakes are a dessert item? News to me, I've always eaten them for breakfast.
At least someone around here is normal.

Pancakes come out of a bottle in the refrigerator, that's the extent of my knowledge.

I always just use dry ingrediants and make my own. But thats just me, the 15 year old chef. :rolleyes:

I will try the Swedish PAN CAKES!
I don't have wheat flower... I'll just use those normal ones.

Isn't normal flour wheat? What kind do you have? :confused:
Good luck! And make them thin or your belly will hurt! :D

Flour of roses? :p
It's probably some kind of wheat, don't you think? Is it white?

Originally posted by meow
Flour of roses? :p
It's probably some kind of wheat, don't you think? Is it white?
It's just a brand... The brand doesn't have to always deal with the contents of the package.

It probably IS wheat. Read on the package. Can you use it for sauces and so on?

Originally posted by meow
That's enough for Swedish pancakes! Note these are thin, not the thick American style.

Eggs, wheat flour, milk, suger, salt

For each egg take 2dl of milk and 1 dl of flour. Whip it all together (a little flour at the time). Add salt and sugar until it tastes good. You can add it LITTLE baking powder (just the tip of a knife they aren't supposed to rise), but you don't have to. Let it stand for at least 20 minutes.

Heat a pan. Lots of butter. Good heat. Pour A LITTLE of the batter in the pan and wiggle the pan so you get a thin layer all over. Turn the pancake over after a short while. Make them as thin as you can. The edges should be a little torn and crispy.

Eat with jam, jam and whipped cream or ice cream or just sugar. Rolling them around the jam and cream is good. Milk is best to drink with them.

what does 2dl means? ML?

Back