• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FreeISP that doesn't disconnect you

matty123

Does anyone know of a Free ISP available in Canada which doesn't disconnect you due to "inactivity?" I'm the type who likes to download a lot and often the most convenient download time is at night, so i would like to go to bed and wake up to see the prog downloaded. But if you're not there to click the banners, you'll be disconnected.

NetZero does Canada now (but the bastards still don't have a local line) and you can use 'NetNada' for an idler and it'll kill the banner. Never used NetZero so I can't tell you if it works....

my isp (those bastards) do the same thing to me. the more logins the more money u have to pay. they disconnect me anywhere from 1 minute to 4 hours.

i use altavista free access... they disconnect you if you are inactive, but I find that as long as you have data downloading to your modem, then you'll be fine.. what i usually do is download an mp3, or if i'm bandwidth conscious, i go to yahoo games, and go into one of the chat rooms for like java chess or something, and leave that applet open.. works well most of the time for the most part...

Back