• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What the #@$$ happened to MTV!

mattbullis

I thought it was Music Television. Now i see wrestling! next is that Death Match CRAP! what happened to headbangers ball or Hard 30? What happened to any of the videos. BET has more, and I hate rape.

VH-1 doesnt have anything either, at least it's music related. i.e. "where are they now" or "befor they where stars"

This planet is starting to suck!

Originally posted by mattbullis
....and I hate rape.

Me too. Doing such a bad thing to a woman.... Oh you ment RAP? Ok, well I don't like that either ;)

LOL...I fully agree. Now they have ...what is it, Real World? Bunch of people in a house with nothing interesting going on....yeah thats real musical. I never watch it anymore...your serious they have wrestling there now???

Though I did used to watch those claymation death matches, but then even those just started getting stupid and nothing new anymore.

Well, I like wrestling and watch it with a passion, but even I agree that having the WWF on MTV is a extremely bad move. MTV is where things go to get old, quick, and die. :(

And heres whats worse, Viacom recently bought BET.. so now they own MTV, VH-1 AND BET.

I actually think Celebrity Death Match is pretty good, but most everything else on MTV is crap. The only videos they ever play are at 3:00 AM, unless it's like TRL or something.. TRL sucks. They only play about half the video, and 75% of the time it's bubblegum poppy crap like hansen, n sync, backstreet boys, and whatnot. The hardest songs they ever play are limp bizkit and korn, and I don't really like them too much anymore. Their stuff has gotten too close to rap for me.

MTV is the Briney Spears and N'Sync Network, I mean the only good thing on anymore is the Real World, that show rocks
--BLK

If you want to see good rock music either

1. Buy a satellite dish
2. Move to Canada.

Canada gets a cool channel "Much Music" which plays all rock stuff. I don't know if that is available in the states as a regular tv channel (w/out satellite).

Originally posted by HumanClay

1. Buy a satellite dish
2. Move to Canada.

Canada gets a cool channel "Much Music" which plays all rock stuff. I don't know if that is available in the states as a regular tv channel (w/out satellite).

Our cable company here in Phoenix has a digital cable package that you can buy which includes MM. On the whole though, the digital package isn't worth it.

Originally posted by HumanClay

1. Buy a satellite dish
2. Move to Canada.

When my old cable provider(in Rockville, MD) went to digital cable, the regular customers got Much Music and a bunch of new channels... but when I moved to Frederick (only 30 miles away, but a different county and cable company), we don't have digital cable yet. It's supposed to be here by the end of the year, but you know how deadlines are.

Well, I got off topic, but like I was saying, MM was pretty cool, better than MTV.

Yeah up here in canada if you get cable you get Much Music. You don't have to order any special packages or anything. We also get alot of the american channels too; CNN, ABC, CBS....

Another cool thing thats happening is that they are gonna wire the province where I live (alberta) with fiber-optic and dsl access in pretty much every city and town.

I have wireless 10mbp/s microwave connection, but I live in a crap town area, in northern Az, and it the best that is offered, I think there is cable modems for a single street in the city, but I am really happy with my connection
--BLK

Back