• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When should I change shared hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertwu

Hello,

Currently I am using a shared hosting plan for my website, but gradually the visitor on the website is increasing as days pass on. So should I go for VPS hosting or I can upgrade my shared hosting plan.

Thank you

It all depends on what they are doing on your site. If they are using a lot of functions on your site that causes it to load slow then yes. In general I would almost always recommend a VPS. You can get fully managed VPS with cPanel installed. This way it feels just like shared but you will have root access and more room to run around.

Hello,

Currently I am using a shared hosting plan for my website, but gradually the visitor on the website is increasing as days pass on. So should I go for VPS hosting or I can upgrade my shared hosting plan.

Thank you
my opinion is you should go for VPS,because your website load is increasing, it may be facing issue .

What's wrong with people... Why waste money on a VPS? Do you know how to run a server without a control panel? Or do you want to pay ten times what you're paying now for a VPS plus licensing fees?

If your current provider has plans available with a higher bandwidth allowance, take advantage of it... Shared hosting is cheap these days. If your website's traffic is increasing to the point in which it's causing an issue for the other customers on the server, I'm sure your hosting provider would let you know.

The entire webhosting industry seems to be ran and managed by mindless drones these days that are incapable of thinking logically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back