• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What happened? Why is this place so dead?

fsd

What happened? There used to be like several hundred users logged in at any given time and like 1000+ guests views. Right now there is only 7 members online.

I hope this place doesn't die. It is the best place to find webhosting.

Number of visitors is always a bit lower during Eastern and Christmas. The number of users online you're talking about is several years back in time, prior to facebook, twitter etc.

As I've said many times over the 17 years (since 1996) we've been in business - the forum will be here for many more years.

Number of visitors is always a bit lower during Eastern and Christmas. The number of users online you're talking about is several years back in time, prior to facebook, twitter etc.

As I've said many times over the 17 years (since 1996) we've been in business - the forum will be here for many more years.

I hope your right. I would hate for this place to die. (Though I can't say I am particularly active myself. This is only my 101th post and I've been here since 2006). I guess I was thinking of a few years back.

It does seem much quieter than it used to be. I visit here nearly every day to check for new posts.

What happened? There used to be like several hundred users logged in at any given time and like 1000+ guests views. Right now there is only 7 members online.

I hope this place doesn't die. It is the best place to find webhosting.
says the guy that has been a member for almost 7 years and only 104 posts ;)

Holy crap it has been 7 years! When I joined this site I was just about to start high school I think.
I was probably one of those people wanting a free host with everything and offering nothing in return.

Holy crap it has been 7 years! When I joined this site I was just about to start high school I think.
I was probably one of those people wanting a free host with everything and offering nothing in return.
It happens. Time moves on, and people find other places to post.

Nice to hear Peo. Things are changing so much out there, great to have something familiar and secure around. :)

I think what happened is there was that uproar among hosts, coinciding with a shift in the hosting market and a nearly total loss of prospective clients.

It's been ages since I've seen someone make an actually reasonable hosting request.

I guess forums are becoming less popular, or from what I've gathered, especially in niche markets like this.

I remember when InvisionFree had hundreds of logged-in members at every time of the day; at this point in time they have 7 members logged in.

Back