• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cloud hosting..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesas

when I was looking around for good VPS hosting, I came across something called Cloud hosting. I know it's been there for a while but I really have no idea about the difference.
But when I look at VPS hosting and Cloud hosting they have these terms that I don't understand and even have a slider that increases and decreases the cost.

What is enough for, let's say, a website that expects 100,000 to 200,000 visitors per month? Do these hosting services have cPanel installed as well? Shared hosting services mostly have cPanel so I kind of got used to that already.

Cloud hosting is based on the most innovative Cloud computing technologies that allow unlimited number of machines to act as one system. Other hosting solutions (shared or dedicated) depend on one machine only, while cloud hosting security is guaranteed by many servers.
Cloud Hosting Benefits
Highest level of website performance guaranteed by multiple machines
Guaranteed server resources (CPU, RAM)
Redundant data storage
No single point of failure
Website growth flexibility
Lower pricing and generous features

Cloud computing is the use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are delivered as a service over a network (typically the Internet). The name comes from the use of a cloud-shaped symbol as an abstraction for the complex infrastructure it contains in system diagrams. Cloud computing entrusts remote services with a user's data, software and computation.

Cloud hosting (cloud server) is an example of a virtual server that provides users with a set of dedicated and protected from machine resources. At Cloud Infrastructure, every cloud server is completely isolated from the others, providing customers with the ability to scale their server resources on-demand. With a cloud server you always get the full amount allocated CPU, Memory, Disk, etc. that you pay. Due to the nature of cloud server architecture can not be 'overrsold.'

Cloud is a buzzword right now. There's no finite definition for it within the hosting world, but in general it means that your site won't be reliant on a single physical machine so if one server goes down, your site is impervious to it.

In reality, there's no shortage of implementations that would be considered a cloud and, unfortunately, there's no shortage of cloud vendors who only half qualify for that meaning. Some hosts simply make the storage redundant but leave the hypervisor on a single machine.

Cloud hosting............

Cloud hosting is a form of hosting that continues to grow in popularity due to its convenient and helpful functionality. This service is used to host websites, house domain names and manage databases. The appeal behind cloud hosting over in-house hosting is the use of offsite server resources that can easily scale to manage peak loads.

Cloud is good method to utilize server space and lessen cost with hardware equipment. No it is not run on cPanel, but different software.

No doubt cloud hosting is latest technology in web hosting industry, its beneficial, less expensive and provide high level of security and good accessibility.

Cloud is the most preferred hosting solution because of its setup architecture, redundancy and scalability and VM is the best virtualization application used to create Cloud and manage it.

Cloud hosting services are the hottest trend in the hosting market. Cloud hosting services provide hosting for websites on virtual servers which pull their computing resource from extensive underlying networks of physical web servers.

I can advise you to compare all web hosting services, as it is a top priority for your new web host business to be well-provided with all necessary tools.

Very often, when people ask me about web hosting, they want to know if I know any cheap but good web host. This particularly applies to those who are just starting their web site and are not willing to sink a lot of money into it.

Look for a minimum uptime of 99%. In fact, even 99% is actually too low - it really should be 99.5% or higher. The host should provide some sort of refund (eg prorated refund or discount) if it falls below that figure.

Cloud hosting is type of virtual hosting that offers flexible and scalable server resources without going through downtime. You can also install cPanel on Linux Cloud Hosting that has CentOS operating system.

Cloud hosting is a great web hosting which provide hosting for websites on virtual server, it is great in puling the computer resource from extensive underlying networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back