• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Earthquake

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
We had a 6.4 or 6.7 magnitude Earthquake today. Minor damage reported. I didn't feel anything, but an ice rink at a city less than 2 hours away from me had its Ice crack and lift, and they had to evacuate the building.

LeX was much closer to the quake, but not everyone felt anything like me. It was apparently also felt in Seattle.

GNrmK.jpg

never forget

The little ones aren't so bad. First one I've ever felt was some shaking in Upstate NY from the Virginia Mag 5 quake on August 23rd. It was a very creepy feeling seeing some 18 tons of industrial equipment bolted to the concrete floor rocking gently back and forth along with the entire building. About 3/4 of my co-workers noticed it too, but it didn't do any damage to the building or equipment. Further south near Virginia where it originated it is said that they did see some injuries and damage.

I would hate to be in anything much larger though, that's when things start to come undone in a hurry.

Back