• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Eastern Coast EarthQuake, Who felt it

no deaths, just mild damages to certain buildings and a high awakening for the eastern coast that earthquakes do happen.

I felt it, I live right her in Fredericksburg! Just 40 miles from the epicenter. It was crazy, to see the glass in buildings just bending. Totally Crazy man! Anyone else near here?

they say, their might be more aftershocks or another major earthquake happening in the same area radius, probably causing damages, and deaths if a quake of 6.0 or higher magnitude strikes again in the eastern coast. The USGS survey warn, and advise locals to prepare for the worst.

Info: Gathered from WhiteHouse.Gov

GNrmK.jpg

the earth plates near the eastern coast must be really weak if people from Atlanta felt it too, thats bad.

Not really. It is right in the middle of the North American plate, which actually includes the western half of the Atlantic ocean as well as everything in America from the San Andreas fault over.

What makes it so noticed is the geology of the region- it is largely very old highly dense rocks of the Appalachian and Catskill mountain ranges that conduct the energy of a quake well. These rock formations are very strong because of their density, but as such they make it so that while quakes in the region are rare they are also highly noticed.

I was at work in Upstate NY, just a few minutes north of the PA line. It was a very creepy feeling watching the nearly 18 ton precision machine I was repairing and the entire floor and building housing it rocking back and forth like a car on a windy day. Ultimately nobody was hurt, this area experienced roughly magnitude 3 level shaking. It rattled shower doors and may have chipped some glassware at a local museum, but did little to no significant damage.

Last edited:
I get all emotional when I think of all the fallen chairs. What a tragedy. Hurry up and get your FEMA application ready. I'm sure there's other chairs in need of assistance.

Back