• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ten years, -----es

trenzterra

NLC
It's scary when I see my join date. It's literally half my life ago. :lol: But by golly, these ten years have flown by.

The even scarier part is that I feel worse off than before. At least I had ambitions ten years ago, however childish it may seem when looking back.

Now reality has brought me back crashing to the ground. There's much more to life than I would've imagined ten years ago.

Joining a new circle, be it on forums or in real life, seems so much harder nowadays.

And if you realise, I don't have any websites left (except for my blog). I guess, gone are the days of searching for the best free host. Actually, I'd rather pay for my hosting now.

But there seems to be nothing left in the world for me to create.

Goddamnit, I'm only 20. I can't imagine when I'm 40!

Oh well, here's to ten great years here. Hope the rest of you guys aren't grouchy, pot-bellied 40-year-olds now :s

I've also been here almost 10 years. You have about 5 months up on me. I'm 25 now. Certainly not a grouchy pot-bellied 40 year old, but I'm getting there.

Charles your only 25? Your younger than me? And you started your hosting when you were 15? Haven't you complained about kids starting up webhosting companies and not knowing what they are doing? Lol kinda funny when you look at it.

I started hosting websites in 1998 when I was 12 years old. Two years later, when I was 14, I purchased my first .com and then 2 years after that, at age 16, I bought my first dedicated server. Of course there are always exceptions, but when you look at it from the big picture, 99% of these kids that start up hosting "companies" will fail within the first few months (or < 1 year) because of poor management, lack of funds, or both.

I begin learning php, jquery, html/xhtml, css and creating websites when I was 17, Im 20 now. Never been to forums if have'd I probably made mistakes. I have learned alot while being part of forums this year especially the do's and don't. I have learned some valuable lessons while taking part on this forum since I joined. Some of you guys should feel lucky knowing the knowledge you have/had in the past until present. I had my 1st computer when I was 17. =) Tho I still need alot off improvement in design when creating websites. Good Luck to everyone who has a website:wink2:

Howly cow and I thought I was here a long time, since 2008.
Well congrads with your 10 years here.

I've also been here almost 10 years. You have about 5 months up on me. I'm 25 now. Certainly not a grouchy pot-bellied 40 year old, but I'm getting there.

Wait wait wait wait wait... you're only 25, and you've already got a house, 3 cars, kids and wives and all that ----?

Crazy Trenz. You've been here a long time :) Four more years for me and I'll have been here 10 years.

Wait wait wait wait wait... you're only 25, and you've already got a house, 3 cars, kids and wives and all that ----?

Yes, that's correct. Moved out of my parent's at age 18. Lived in two different apartments before finally purchasing a house at age 22. Since then, got married, had two children and accumulated 3 vehicles. I work full time as the Plant Security Supervisor at a local factory and do this hosting stuff on the side. Been doing the hosting stuff since I was 12 and have been working security since I was 19. Age 25 Now.

Hey, it is funny, because I am here almost 10 minutes :)
you gave me a wonderful idea, I will write on my first forum wheere I am registered almost 5 years) I hope that some day I will start the same thread here :)

It's scary when I see my join date. It's literally half my life ago. :lol: But by golly, these ten years have flown by.

The even scarier part is that I feel worse off than before. At least I had ambitions ten years ago, however childish it may seem when looking back.

Now reality has brought me back crashing to the ground. There's much more to life than I would've imagined ten years ago.

Joining a new circle, be it on forums or in real life, seems so much harder nowadays.

And if you realise, I don't have any websites left (except for my blog). I guess, gone are the days of searching for the best free host. Actually, I'd rather pay for my hosting now.

But there seems to be nothing left in the world for me to create.

Goddamnit, I'm only 20. I can't imagine when I'm 40!

Oh well, here's to ten great years here. Hope the rest of you guys aren't grouchy, pot-bellied 40-year-olds now :s

Now you get to waste away in strip clubs.

Eventually you'll be that old creepy guy in the corner that's there from open to close and may as well try to rent a room.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct. Moved out of my parent's at age 18. Lived in two different apartments before finally purchasing a house at age 22. Since then, got married, had two children and accumulated 3 vehicles. I work full time as the Plant Security Supervisor at a local factory and do this hosting stuff on the side. Been doing the hosting stuff since I was 12 and have been working security since I was 19. Age 25 Now.

Sounds like you've been thugged out since cub scouts.

So when you were 12 deeplist did you exchange hosting for milk money? lol?

And what would a 12 year old kid do with hosting ummm hrmmm host tums (spell it backwords).

I just saved it all up. I had several thousand dollars saved up by the time I was 14. I purchased my first vehicle (a ford ranger) at the age of 15, before I even had my license. I paid cash for it. It sat in my parent's driveway for several months while I waited to become old enough to drive.

Back