• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LoveVPS™ Cloud Beta Testing - Apply today for your FREE Cloud Virtual Private Server!

Tiger-Matt

LoveVPS™ is the home of the best Virtual Private Servers. There is no hiding it we are a new company, which started in January 2011, but LoveVPS's founders have been working hard in the hosting industry for over 5 years.

We essentially are cupid, people come to us needing a lightning fast VPS and we then provide them with the perfect package for them!

With our no overselling policy the resources you need are always there when you need to utilize them. We utilize SolusVM so you can manage your VPS's at the touch of a button. All our VPS’ come with free instant setup, 99.9% uptime guarantee, No Overselling and a lot more nifty features.

Our VPS's are located in the HostDime (DimeNoc) datacenter, a centre of excellence in the Hosting industry.

LoveVPS™ is looking for beta testers to test our new range of Cloud Virtual Private Servers. All beta testers will get an allocation of 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, 50GB Bandwidth and 1 IP address.

★★ Click Here to register your interest for the beta! ★★​

If you are interested in reselling the cloud contact me on matthew [@] lovevps.com

-----------------------------------
Q & A

Do you provide non-cloud VPSs?
Yes we do, you can purchase one today at http://www.lovevps.com/xen-vps.html

When do I get my VPS details?
We will email you with details on how to get your cloud vps once your on the mailing list.

Please note these VPS are for a limited term, and will not always be free, they are also in no means a replacement for purchasing a VPS for us.

You should expect to hear from us within the next month for information on our cloud services.

Ok, I have tried to apply for your beta testing VPS. "Welcome to our mailing list. Enjoy your stay." What will you do with my e-mail address ? Why do I need to subscribe ? Why didn't you just made some sort of a Contact Form to apply for that beta thing ? Will this "vps" be paid by sending me commercial e-mails ??? How much time can I use it for free ?

Hello,

The mailing list is there to inform everyone when stock for the beta is available. We will be releasing a set number of stock very few weeks, the mail list is there to inform you when the stock is available.

You will have your VPS from when you apply for your cloud vps till the end of the beta, so the sooner you get it the longer you have the VPS for.

Please note these VPS are for a limited term, and will not always be free, they are also in no means a replacement for purchasing a VPS for us.

You should expect to hear from us within the next month for information on our cloud services.

Something bothers me a little here - last I understood most Beta testers become Grandfathered into the service for the life of the service. Booting those testers off at the end turns it into something close to unpaid testing labor.

Something bothers me a little here - last I understood most Beta testers become Grandfathered into the service for the life of the service. Booting those testers off at the end turns it into something close to unpaid testing labor.

They will be notified about this with plenty of notice and there will be an option to upgrade to a paid service. But either way it will be free during the beta stage.

The thing is, when you launch a beta service you're offering a select amount of users (normally sub 15, optimal 10 people) the service for them to thoroughly test and spend a lot of time getting used to and providing feedback.

What you're doing here is basically saying at the end of the beta term, "We don't need you anymore, you can go now or cough up money", which in a way is breaking all the terms of a beta. You should offer a select few of those (optimal 5-6 people) the chance to be godfathered into this service, as a way of saying thank you for testing and allowing them to keep the service at the same spec, with chance to upgrade to a paid tier. Say for just a text link back to say they helped test the service.

The way you're doing is is normally called a Limited Test which is in no way a Beta. Kinda' false advertising if you ask me...

The thing is, when you launch a beta service you're offering a select amount of users (normally sub 15, optimal 10 people) the service for them to thoroughly test and spend a lot of time getting used to and providing feedback.

What you're doing here is basically saying at the end of the beta term, "We don't need you anymore, you can go now or cough up money", which in a way is breaking all the terms of a beta. You should offer a select few of those (optimal 5-6 people) the chance to be godfathered into this service, as a way of saying thank you for testing and allowing them to keep the service at the same spec, with chance to upgrade to a paid tier. Say for just a text link back to say they helped test the service.

The way you're doing is is normally called a Limited Test which is in no way a Beta. Kinda' false advertising if you ask me...

If you did notice the thread name: Beta Testing, yes it is limited something which we do clearly say in our thread. Microsoft, Apple, UK2 (VPS.Net), VPS247 and much more have all done it this way.

It wont simply be we don't need you anymore cough up, we will be giving them 15 days notice, we do not encourage them to use it for anything serious after all its a beta. Its there for people to test out.

Why aren't we offering it for paid services straight away? Because why should people pay to be on a system that hasn't had the majority of the kinks worked out first.

This service wont just be to 10-15 people, in order to get an accurate representation of people we are aiming to welcome over 100 beta testers into our cloud. What we are currently doing isnt normally called a limited test, it is called Beta Testing. Please get your facts right.

Please also note the definition of a beta test:

A trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development

and a Beta is:

The second letter of the Greek alphabet (Β, β), transliterated as ‘b.’

I'm confused, your offering beta testers a VPS which you will pull, just that, you don't want them to stay?

Just test and hammer the VPS to see what it does and how your service responds, I'd assume that includes support to sort out fails.

I'm confused, your offering beta testers a VPS which you will pull, just that, you don't want them to stay?

Just test and hammer the VPS to see what it does and how your service responds, I'd assume that includes support to sort out fails.

Yes support is included in this for issues with the VPS.

We will not just pull it, we will give them the opportunity to stay on but this cloud is costing us a significant amount and we simply can not afford to give it away for free for ever.

What is for customers to beta test the product while its in development and then when we have launched it, they will be given 15 days notice on which they can upgrade to a paid Cloud Virtual Private Server, if not there service will be de-activated 15 days after receiving the notification.

Free Labor!

Yes support is included in this for issues with the VPS.

We will not just pull it, we will give them the opportunity to stay on but this cloud is costing us a significant amount and we simply can not afford to give it away for free for ever.

What is for customers to beta test the product while its in development and then when we have launched it, they will be given 15 days notice on which they can upgrade to a paid Cloud Virtual Private Server, if not there service will be de-activated 15 days after receiving the notification.

Only the real tinkerers will play with a system "just to play". We're all getting older - not in the silly sense, but there is emerging a gap between the veterans here and the fresh newcomers. (Rhetorical) Why don't you take on mtwiscool and iyegi and those guys? You'd get buried giving support *to them* and not getting any useful data back! This is the "unstated premise" in your logic chain, which is a form of incorrect argument. So the veterans who have any skills that would be *useful to you* (implied!) for quality bug reports ... want something for their labor.

Meanwhile, It's "just a vps", it's not like it's a top secret stealth plane, which is the only other factor that would entice someone to skip "charging" for labor. So your "unbooked" transaction is that you ought to measure out the cost of labor if it were real bug testing services (I'll go over the top and call it a total gimme at $15/hour) vs the price of your VPS *at cost* (not sales retail!).

That's why your admittedly well written answers ring hollow. You don't have the Once In A Lifetime theme, and once the days run out on your notice, the testers haven't received anything on their efforts, but *you* get to keep their "works forever" test results over the life of your business which you will then make money on.

Last edited:
Have to agree, your looking for unpaid labour not clients.

Except in the Q & A bit where you advertise your paid offers that have nothing to do with free offers.
Q & A

Do you provide non-cloud VPSs?
Yes we do, you can purchase one today at http://www.lovevps.com/xen-vps.html

Wouldn't touch you with a barge pole, shoddy advertising and no grandfather option for the hard work the testers put in.

You gain they get booted, great deal :) NOT!

Haha,
LoveVPS™ is looking for beta testers to test our new range of OnApp based Cloud Virtual Private Servers. All beta testers will get an allocation of 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, 50GB Bandwidth and 1 IP address. Once subscribed to our mailing list we will contact you when the Beta testing starts with details on how to get your free cloud vps.

So far, I have not received any contact information.
:(

Back