• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google+ invites

Google is just trying to beat facebook again. First it was +1 vs likes, now this social media crap...

Yeah, they said they should have been working on something like Facebook a few years ago... but they were too busy. :lol:

In this google vs facebook battle, google can't overcome facebook on social activity. Like someone on Web Pro World forum said: Google is the king of search, while Facebook is the king of Social. Google seems too greedy, they want a share of the action on everything.

In this google vs facebook battle, google can't overcome facebook on social activity. Like someone on Web Pro World forum said: Google is the king of search, while Facebook is the king of Social. Google seems too greedy, they want a share of the action on everything.
Well said and my thoughts exactly. It reminds me when the Banks started to branch out to Stock Broking and Insurance services. And next thing they were in cahoots with the Government for rules and regulations so that they can stay in power.

Google can overtake Facebook. They have so much potential. Facebook has bugs that are years old (most recent dangerous one I read about was the bug in Developer's apps that leaked personal data to external sources, it was something like 3 years old and a KNOWN unfixed bug until recently when it was made a big deal). I probably won't use Google+, but I will check it out. I don't really use FB, its boring, insecure, buggy, invading with privacy etc.

Google is greedy, but so are FB. People blindly give them their personal details, they make millions off it, and you get followed everywhere you go by adverts from that sold personal info. Plus I keep getting pages shown on my account that I've never seen or liked that are always selling something. Conspiracy time? :p

I, for one, think it has potential. The whole circles concept is so trivial -- you add who you want to your sharing list, you share with whomever/whichever circle you choose (instead of posting it for every ----ing living being on and off earth to see), and they don't even have to have an account at Google to see what you've shared. Pretty brilliant.

This is one of the reasons I refuse to use Facebook.

As for privacy moaners, please, this is the INTERWEBZ LULZZZ!!!!11
Privacy doesn't exist.
If you want privacy, either stay off the internet, or keep the things you want private off it. So simple.
Nothing to be breached, hacked, leaked, sold ...

Back