• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free File Hosting - 500GB disk space - with FTP upload for all users FREE!

tapup

JumboFiles.com is one of the fastest growing file hosting services online. Come join our fast growing file hosting for free and find out why over 50000 users rely on us to host over 2 million files with thousands more uploaded daily.

NEW: FTP upload, easily queue and upload all your files!

- 100% Free File Hosting
- 500GB Disk Space
- 1GB Max File Size Per File
- NEW: Upload your files by FTP (available to all users for free!)
- No Waiting Times
- Resume Broken Downloads
- Unlimited Parallel Downloading
- Remote Web Uploading
- Desktop Uploader

http://www.jumbofiles.com

I can see this service running out of space quite quickly, especially if it becomes too popular.

We have been offering 500GB of disk space since we first started, we have many servers and disk space for all our users.
You can check our site on Alexa, we are a stable and established free file hosting provider.

You have GOT to be overselling the piss outta your boxes. How many 500GB drives does your server have in it?

You have GOT to be overselling the piss outta your boxes. How many 500GB drives does your server have in it?

We do not reveal our server setup publicly. We have plenty of disk space for our users, in fact, we have many users using nearly their entire 500GB disk space. Feel free to register for a free account and try us out.

Thank you.

We do not reveal our server setup publicly. We have plenty of disk space for our users, in fact, we have many users using nearly their entire 500GB disk space. Feel free to register for a free account and try us out.

All I asked is how many 500GB hard drives you have. If you can give 500GB out to every user that signs up, you must have one hell of an array in that beast! How many people have signed up already? Your first post says you have 50,000 users!? Wow, that's about 25 Petabytes that you've allocated already! Most dedicated servers are reluctant to have 1 Terabyte! I need to know where your dedicated servers are at! If I give out 500GB to every user that signs up, I would be out of space after just 2 people. I really want to know how you do it, because there's no way that you could be overselling, right?

(I am being sarcastic, just in case you can't tell.)

All I asked is how many 500GB hard drives you have. If you can give 500GB out to every user that signs up, you must have one hell of an array in that beast! How many people have signed up already? Your first post says you have 50,000 users!? Wow, that's about 25 Petabytes that you've allocated already! Most dedicated servers are reluctant to have 1 Terabyte! I need to know where your dedicated servers are at! If I give out 500GB to every user that signs up, I would be out of space after just 2 people. I really want to know how you do it, because there's no way that you could be overselling, right?

(I am being sarcastic, just in case you can't tell.)

Our server setup are not revealed publicly so we will not comment on what type of storage systems we are using. Every user can use up their entire 500GB disk space. We've now signed up nearly 70000 users and we will continue to do our best to improve our service for our users. If you have any other concerns, you can reach us through the contact form on our website. Thank you for your time.

Quit being stupid. There's no reason why you can't explain how your storage methods are set up. It's not a security risk or some kind of top secret info. It's obvious that you're overselling. We all know it already. You really expect us to believe that you have over 35PB (petabytes) of disk space? Get real.

Quit being stupid. There's no reason why you can't explain how your storage methods are set up. It's not a security risk or some kind of top secret info. It's obvious that you're overselling. We all know it already. You really expect us to believe that you have over 35PB (petabytes) of disk space? Get real.

We do not reveal it because we do not want to give our competitors any insight on how our systems are setup.

For everybody else reading this thread, you can rest assured that you can use your entire 500GB of disk space without worrying about running out of disk space, being kicked off, etc.

We are not a fly-by-night operation, we are an established file hosting provider with many satisfied users. You can check us out on Google and Alexa to confirm this.

Thank you for your time.

scenthost.com , WholeSale Internet, Inc. all associated with JumboFiles.com

scenthost.com have a single 'Contact us for private hosting specials!' page on a dedicated.
WholeSale Internet, Inc

And JumboFiles.com terminates in Kansas City. Anyone know any really huge D.C.s with immense SAN storage there? As the Oak Tower is only 14,000 sq feet, not huge at all and $50/month gets you 500G transfer server + $15 per extra 500G, even simple good old RAID 1 is $10 extra (plus you pay for the extra drive)

They don't seem to do any mass storage solutions so that would mean you pay out (if all your 70,000 clients use 500G - only uploaded nothing downloaded) $1,050,000/month at current rates in the DC your in.

Or if they have uploaded and downloaded once each per month it would be costing you over $2 million per month.

So question - do you own the datacentre?

scenthost.com , WholeSale Internet, Inc. all associated with JumboFiles.com

scenthost.com have a single 'Contact us for private hosting specials!' page on a dedicated.
WholeSale Internet, Inc

And JumboFiles.com terminates in Kansas City. Anyone know any really huge D.C.s with immense SAN storage there? As the Oak Tower is only 14,000 sq feet, not huge at all and $50/month gets you 500G transfer server + $15 per extra 500G, even simple good old RAID 1 is $10 extra (plus you pay for the extra drive)

They don't seem to do any mass storage solutions so that would mean you pay out (if all your 70,000 clients use 500G - only uploaded nothing downloaded) $1,050,000/month at current rates in the DC your in.

Or if they have uploaded and downloaded once each per month it would be costing you over $2 million per month.

So question - do you own the datacentre?

We colocate our servers and our storage servers are not in that facility.

We do not want to further disclose any information on our infrastructure publicly.

We do not have time to repeatedly check this thread, so if you or any other users have any further concerns, please contact us through the form on our website.

Thank you.

I'm not willing to host any of my material on this "mystery" server. I doubt anybody else here would be either. The fact that you can go from 50,000 to 70,000 users in a matter of one day is suspicious in and of itself. That's about one signup every 4 seconds. Take your oversold dedi and GTFO.

Well made point :) I'd hoped a bit more openness on the claims but obviously not.

Still underfloor SAN would be the only possible option the amount of cabinet usage for storage in those amounts would be ridiculous - and I'd suggest a DC in the Arctic to save a bit on cooling.

I'm not willing to host any of my material on this "mystery" server. I doubt anybody else here would be either. The fact that you can go from 50,000 to 70,000 users in a matter of one day is suspicious in and of itself. That's about one signup every 4 seconds. Take your oversold dedi and GTFO.

We didn't get 20000 signups in the the last 1 day, it is over the course of several months. If you are not willing to host with us, then that is your choice. Our other 70000 users will keep relying on us to host their material for them and we will keep doing our best to improve our service for them.

Thank you.

In your first post of this thread, which you made yesterday, not even 24 hours ago, it said you had over 50,000 users. And then this morning, a few posts up, you say that you now have over 70,000 users. Aside from the fact that I believe neither number is anywhere close to accurate, you're an out and out liar when you says that you can sustain service for 70,000 people, if they all wish to upload 500GB of information. I suggest you take your phony bologna service elsewhere. You also say that you're not a "host" and if so, why did you post this in the "free hosting offers" section rather than the "ads and offers" section where it should be?

In your first post of this thread, which you made yesterday, not even 24 hours ago, it said you had over 50,000 users. And then this morning, a few posts up, you say that you now have over 70,000 users. Aside from the fact that I believe neither number is anywhere close to accurate, you're an out and out liar when you says that you can sustain service for 70,000 people, if they all wish to upload 500GB of information. I suggest you take your phony bologna service elsewhere. You also say that you're not a "host" and if so, why did you post this in the "free hosting offers" section rather than the "ads and offers" section where it should be?

The initial post was a typo, if you sign up for a free account, you can see that we are nearing 70000 users.

Once again, we stand behind our service, everybody that signs up can fully use their 500GB of disk space (free users) / 1000GB of disk space (premium users) without issues as has been the case since we first started.

We won't be returning to this thread again, if any users have further concerns, please use the contact form on our website to reach us.

Thank you.

The initial post was a typo

How convenient.

The point still remains that your service is not sustainable if all 70,000 people use 500GB of space all at once. Therefore you've oversold yourself. End of story. Just because you think you can get around the forum rules by offering x amount of space rather than using the words "unlimited" or "unmetered" does mean ---- if you can't back up your offer for 100% of your clients, which I know for a fact, you can not. All you're doing is making yourself look like a fool and digging a bigger hole for yourself to die in. We'll see in time how this plays out.

Back