• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you know any server speed monitoring service?

webhostinglamp

Hi everyone,

I'm building a site where load speed is of the absolute essence. Now, I have a dedicated server on the West Coast, which most of the time loads the site extremely quick, but sometimes takes a few seconds longer, which is a problem. Now, it is a possibility that these instances are caused by my local internet connection. Is there any service I can use to thoroughly test my dedicated server over the period of, say, a week? I guess I'm thinking of a service which pings my server every few seconds so I can see if there are indeed any slow periods? I saw at least one similar service () but from what I see they only tell you whether the ping totally failed or not. What I need to see is how FAST the server replies.

Thanks in advance!

Pingdom is what I think you want.

Say you want to monitor mydomain.com it'll fetch the page, search for a string. It'll give you a log of the response times of fetching the page and ping times.

Pingdom monitors uptime as well as response time. They are really great and I highly recommend them as I haven't had any issues and love their service.

There are many free sites were you can monitor internet speed. Google "internet speed test" or "bandwidth test" and many sites will be displayed.

I've had good luck with pingdom. They track from quite a few locations and give you full reports including ping times and timeouts.

Pingdom appears to be a leader. I have just intended to name them but see now it has already been appreciated by others. This is what I call professionalism.

Try dotcom-monitor.com, where you will get 30 day trial to monitor your web server uptime and so on. It will also provide uptime alerts and reports in various forms and charts.

Pings and traces do really nothing for loading speed, let us know a URL and we can all let you know if it loads okay from various locations.

Sounds like an auction site if it's that important to load/reload quick, any more info?

I bet google shows really many results on this query. Much more than you can have here.

Myself prefer pingdom.

You refer people to Google in almost every single one of your posts, which is very frustrated. Do you think the OP never heard of Google before? Do you think if he wanted to use Google, he already would have done so? He came here to seek answers from people who are experienced and have possibly used the various services he is seeking. Enough with the Google nonsense.

You refer people to Google in almost every single one of your posts, which is very frustrated. Do you think the OP never heard of Google before? Do you think if he wanted to use Google, he already would have done so? He came here to seek answers from people who are experienced and have possibly used the various services he is seeking. Enough with the Google nonsense.

That's because he's a bot.

Back