• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Who loves windows 7?

Do you like windows 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan88

Hey,

At my school they re-did our tech lab and put in brand new Windows 7 computers and they are absolutely amazing. I have used Windows XP and Vista and you typically run into a program "Not Responding" for a moment however I haven't been able to cause that on Windows 7. I personally think windows 7 is quite possibly the best and most reliable windows ever made.

Don't forget to vote in the poll!

What I really like about Windows 7 is the Windows XP mode. I remember using Virtual PC in Vista when I wanted to test some applications on XP, but now it feels much better and faster.

Overall, I love the look and stability. I didn't realize how great the NT kernel was until a few months ago when I was forced to use Windows 98 for a uni course.

Windows 7 is crap

Bought new laptop with windows 7: Operating system is a resource hog, even after disabling most tasks
Hogs up disk-space with Gigabytes of hidden temporary files
Search is the WORST in Windows7
, in XP I can define MY file size + last accessed date, or in DOCS and TXT file I could search for specific KEYWORDS
on Windows7 you have to choose between limited file size ranges.
When you try to access a folder with many files (say 500 or more) you have windows "SEARCHING FOLDER"" .. whats that crap about ?
I have folders with 800 PICTURES and have to wait 30 seconds for Windows7 to finish "searching the folder",
on XP, when I click the folder, it opens and list my 800 Pix IMMEDIATELY (under 2 seconds)
Shut down takes 30 seconds or more on Windows 7,
only 5 seconds to shut down on my XP, and
my XP machine only has 1 GIG of memory, the Windows laptop has 3 Gigs of ram.

Lots of co-workers are upset that company changed to Windows7 also.

As soon as my warranty expires on the laptop, I'm UPgrading it to Win XP from Windoesnot7

Windows 7 is crap

Bought new laptop with windows 7: Operating system is a resource hog, even after disabling most tasks
Hogs up disk-space with Gigabytes of hidden temporary files
Search is the WORST in Windows7
, in XP I can define MY file size + last accessed date, or in DOCS and TXT file I could search for specific KEYWORDS
on Windows7 you have to choose between limited file size ranges.
When you try to access a folder with many files (say 500 or more) you have windows "SEARCHING FOLDER"" .. whats that crap about ?
I have folders with 800 PICTURES and have to wait 30 seconds for Windows7 to finish "searching the folder",
on XP, when I click the folder, it opens and list my 800 Pix IMMEDIATELY (under 2 seconds)
Shut down takes 30 seconds or more on Windows 7,
only 5 seconds to shut down on my XP, and
my XP machine only has 1 GIG of memory, the Windows laptop has 3 Gigs of ram.

Lots of co-workers are upset that company changed to Windows7 also.

As soon as my warranty expires on the laptop, I'm UPgrading it to Win XP from Windoesnot7

Are they the same brand? If you using a different brand that might be why. Please tell me it's a Dell?

I've heard good things about Windows 7, but I never installed on my desktop, because my specs are not enough for that OS. Windows XP does the job great, I wouldn't change it to "7" no way; I don't want to upgrade my computer just for windows 7 if he runs good on XP.

Windows 7 best OS they have done to date. Lets hope they continue to improve in Windows 8 and not go back.

im sick of anything to do with windows. i use my personal laptop for work now just so i dont have to use the windows machine provided

I love how everything just works on it. You can make an audiocd from the explorer window. You can control multiple screens by a keystroke (win+p). You can put any programs you want easy-access along the bottom. Search from the start menu works a treat. And you can customize the ---- outta it.

Windows 7 seems to be a large hit among home users, but there has to be a reason as to why most corporations are still opting to use Windows XP on all of their production machines. Nearly every company that I have done work for in the last 2 years is STILL running XP. If Windows 7 is so great, then why after nearly a decade following XP's release, is it still the most popular OS in the CORPORATE environment.

because it's too much of a hassle to upgrade if something goes wrong? No point changing something that doesn't need changing.

If they upgrade to Windows 7 it's going to cost them money, then maybe even more money if their hardware isn't supported.

Back