• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Seraphimlabs Is Down What Happend??

DJboutit

Seraphimlabs is down what happend this host has not been down longer than 3min in the last 10 weeks. I hope it comes back up I do not what to lose my mybb forum for the third time this host does not come back and I do not get the files to setup my forum again I am done with it.

You may want to check this out.

Funny that it would happen the night I predicted that scenario too. Alas I have no idea who did this or why, I just know that something horrible happened out there.

Apparently someone had to hit so hard they overloaded the system exactly where I said DDoS protection can still fail. We're handling the situation, and will come back up as soon as possible.

Rest assured all of your data is safe, just at this point I am waiting on my upstream provider to finish deflecting the attack. Services will come back up all by themselves when they do.

Still, nightmare scenario for a host. I got woken up by my MSN going nuts to see everything down and only a faint idea what happened. All of my current equipment is in fact okay and just waiting for the network to come back up. Which is kind of why I made that thread trying to avoid this scenario.

Last edited:
I do not what to lose my mybb forum for the third time this host does not come back and I do not get the files to setup my forum again I am done with it.

Its your responsibility to make backups of your website. If you have an active forum then a daily database backup is your problem, not the hosts.

No data was lost, the attack appears to have been aimed directly at my nameservers.

Repair time remains unknown, as currently I have lost all of my IPs. I will see what I can do to get continuity services operating until my mains can be cleared and returned to service.

He owes his $2,000 in damages for getting attacked & now his host will not release any files on his server

Something like that. They're still calculating the total amount of bandwidth overage that this incident caused, but it is easily thousands of dollars. Not only that, but they had to re-IP two entire ranges worth of servers.

The DDoS that hit me was the largest that they had ever seen at that facility- on order of 2.5GB/s. They couldn't even handle it directly, it had to be nulled by their inbound providers- who were struggling to hold it too. There would have been no such thing as protection under those circumstances.

All of the data is safe, but unfortunately my customers are going to have to be a bit patient while I pick up the pieces here.

Last edited:
Ominous

Something like that. They're still calculating the total amount of bandwidth overage that this incident caused, but it is easily thousands of dollars. Not only that, but they had to re-IP two entire ranges worth of servers.

The DDoS that hit me was the largest that they had ever seen at that facility- on order of 2.5GB/s. They couldn't even handle it directly, it had to be nulled by their inbound providers- who were struggling to hold it too. There would have been no such thing as protection under those circumstances.

All of the data is safe, but unfortunately my customers are going to have to be a bit patient while I pick up the pieces here.

Anyone know what the insurance industry has been up to these days? Sounds to me like a case for DDOS insurance. (Which sux though, because then we get into that mentality!) Really, awesome as Seraphim is, he's still "just a little provider", so someone just got bored and decided to packet-nuke him?

Any of you techno-Morpheus types have any info - anyone found out who did this to him? Or was he behind "7 proxies" of xkcd fame and got away scot free?

@Seraphim by chance who is your provider? and dang 2.5GB's?? Wow the biggest we handled was 900Mbps.

Good Luck.

That's a bit of a loaded question - I think you mean well but if you put on "your tinfoil hat" it's like asking for info to help the unknown attacker.

Does anyone know what happened to Seraphim? His site is back up, but he hasn't been on this forum in a long time.

Back