• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dear hosts

If you owned a retail outlet, would you sell ---- below wholesale costs?
No wonder you all fail.

Depends on what I bought them for :evilb: - if I bought off companies going under who gave it to me for pennies on the dollar, then yes I'd mark it up enough that I make a nice profit.

Closeouts for the win :) Won't always work that way but it works a lot of the times.

Depends on what I bought them for :evilb: - if I bought off companies going under who gave it to me for pennies on the dollar, then yes I'd mark it up enough that I make a nice profit.

Closeouts for the win :) Won't always work that way but it works a lot of the times.

But this isn't selling below your wholesale costs (which means your cost to acquire the merchandise). That's what Darknight is talking about.

But this isn't selling below your wholesale costs (which means your cost to acquire the merchandise). That's what Darknight is talking about.

Well if the product expired, I may consider taking a loss just to get rid of it. I may actually save myself from further losses such as paying for disposal of the product and removal off the shelves.

If nothing is wrong with the product than I would probably have to consider all benefits I would gain from a loss leader perspective. Brand awareness and hopes that you'll buy something else are some of the reasons why one may consider this option. Usually though one would have deep pockets to ensure they can offset it if something went wrong.

Overall the odds are always stacked against you. Risky business but it does pay off sometimes.

Back