• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Generalized Computer Configurator?

If the fan is provided with the CPU, it should easily snap into place onto the motherboard and I believe CPU's nowadays even come with thermal paste already applied so you wouldn't even need to put that on. Once you have the fan and heatsink fixed to the CPU, all you need to do is plug in the fan - there should be a place on the motherboard labeled something like CPU1 which you can use to do so. It's really not that hard and shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Well, if you want, I could build it to those specs for around $1,300 (USD). That doesn't include shipping however. That just includes parts and labor.

IMO, if you're not going to be able to buy the thing for 5 months..you're better off waiting until you're able to buy it to spec it out. A lot changes in 5 months..and by then the new platform might be coming out which will usually drop the price of the previous stuff.

IMO, if you're not going to be able to buy the thing for 5 months..you're better off waiting until you're able to buy it to spec it out. A lot changes in 5 months..and by then the new platform might be coming out which will usually drop the price of the previous stuff.

I agree, stuff will change. So I'll just keep this spec list, and change as needed as time goes on. On a further note, you can see what I changed again below...

Code:
** Lists are listed from What I would like you to look for first, first. So if you cannot find the first one, move to the second one and so forth. **

-- Motherboard
---- ASUS Model M4A77TD Motherboard (AM3 - 140 W)
---- MSI 770-C45 Motherboard (AM3 - 140 W)

-- Case
---- No Fancy Gamer Case Or Whatnot, Something Simple.
---- No Liquid Cooling, Add Front Case Fan If Possible To Help Cool System.
---- Front Headphone/USB Would Be Preferred As Well As Back Audio Jacks.

-- Wireless PCI Adapter
---- Rosewill RNX-N300 PCI Wireless Adapter
---- AZiO AWD102N PCI Wireless Adapter
---- ENCORE ENLWI-NX2 PCI Wireless Adapter

-- Memory
---- 8 GB RAM

-- Processor (Use Lower Watt Model If No Downgrades/Issues Occur.)
---- AMD Phenom II 965 Processor (Quad Core - 3.4 GHz - 140 or 125 Watt - AM3)

-- Video Cards (If You Cannot find Any, Use A 1 GB ASUS Model)
---- ASUS EAH5770/2DIS/1GD5 - ATI HD 5770
---- ASUS EAH4650/DI/1GD2(LP) - ATI 4650

-- Harddrive (7200 RPM Preferred)
---- 1TB Harddrive

-- Optical Drive (No LG, Use LiteOn or less expensive brand.)
---- BD-ROM / DL DVD+/-RW / CD-RW

-- Power Supply
---- 650W Power Supply

-- Operating System
---- Windows 7 Pro x64

-- Extras
---- No Media Card Readers

in case anyone wants to rate my system for their own pleasure. *ahem*

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if this configuration is okay?

Code:
** Lists are listed from What I would like you to look for first, first. So if you cannot find the first one, move to the second one and so forth. **

** Prices Are Listed From Newegg.com As of Mon, Apr 26, 2010 **

-- Motherboard
(If these cannot hold the below video card, then please get a different AM3 140W Motherboard.)
---- (58 - 85 USD) ASUS M4A77TD Motherboard (AM3 - 140 W)
---- (58 - 80 USD) MSI 770-C45 Motherboard (AM3 - 140 W)

-- Processor
---- (~310 USD) AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Processor (Hex Core - 3.2 GHz - 125 Watt - AM3)
---- (181 USD) AMD Phenom II 965 Processor (Quad Core - 3.4 GHz - 125 Watt - AM3)

-- Memory
---- (~250+ USD) 8 GB RAM

-- Video Card(s) (If You Cannot find Any, Use A Good (IE: ATI 5xxx) 1 GB or 2 GB With HDMI Output)
---- (390 USD) SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100282-2GVXSR Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

-- Case (Instead of Listing Individual Cases, I've Provided a Description Of What I Desire)
---- No Fancy Gamer Case Or Whatnot, Something Simple Yet Sturdy.
---- No Liquid Cooling
---- Front Headphone/USB Would Be Preferred As Well As Back Audio Jacks.
---- Should Be 17 Inches High Or Less If Possible
---- The above 2 GB Video Card may be a bit long, so please take this into consideration.

-- Power Supply (Go Up One Watt Level More (IE: 650 >> 700) If The Listed Wattage Is Not Enough)
---- 650W Power Supply

-- Harddrive (7200 RPM Preferred)
---- (~80+ USD) 1TB Harddrive

-- Optical Drive (No LG, Use LiteOn or less expensive brand.)
---- BD-ROM (Blu-Ray) / DL DVD+/-RW / CD-RW

-- Wireless PCI Adapter (Found on Newegg.com)
---- (30 USD) Rosewill RNX-N300 PCI Wireless Adapter
---- (20 USD) AZiO AWD102N PCI Wireless Adapter
---- (18 USD) ENCORE ENLWI-NX2 PCI Wireless Adapter

-- Operating System
---- Windows 7 Pro x64

-- Extras
---- No Media Card Readers

I worry about my choices, especially the power supply wattage.

Sounds okay. Personally, I'd get a 750W power supply just to be safe, but that should be fine.

Back