• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Still drunk...

casius

User manage...

As I have doubled some of the champagne :) the question rises in my head :) how do you guys control your free users in your empire ? I mean what is the time when you suspend useless account (with no traffic) how you determinate that this is EVIL user and so on and so forth...I guess you know what I am talking about....thank you very much and really appreciate that you are communicating with me (should I delete the last sentence?). Well anyway I guest you with me what i am trying to ask you?? :beer:

Last edited:
Don't you think that it is very short time? I am thinking about 14 days unused...

Last edited:
Don't you think that it is very short time? I am thinking about 14 days unused...

I always found that the longer they sat the less chance they would use the account. I made it clear that they would be deleted if they did not use the account. Nobody ever came back asking for their account back if they were deleted because of them not using the account.

We have designed the script which constantly checks for the date when he have sign-in and have he ever logged in. As we provide free sub domain to all web hosting account if they want to when you are not able to determinate how many clients are active. Also we do not terminate them firstly we suspend when and after 14 days we terminate them.

That never happens to because I don't have instant activation.
I have not checked my client's websites in months.

I give mine about a month.

Usually I know by the first week if they're going to use an account or not, but not always- delays in mail processing and people's personal lives have caused accounts upwards of two weeks inactive to suddenly get content almost overnight.

heh! When I did free hosting (never again), I used to SUSPEND unused accounts after 7 days and delete them on the 14th day. Couldn't win of course, because you always had people complain that I didn't give them much time. Yet, there are peeps here who agree they should be deleted in 3? HAHAHA!!! That's just so funny.

@SiberForum

When the actual account gets uploaded with its website.

@Natcoweb

What really would you like to know? If you are serious hoster when you have a lot of places where your free web hosting service could be handy to you :)

Back