• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

3 weeks to spring forward

It does suck that i am loosing a precious hour of sleep, but i digress..does anyone know the explanation of why we spring forward, fall back etc?

[ih]Demetris;1096546 said:
It does suck that i am loosing a precious hour of sleep, but i digress..does anyone know the explanation of why we spring forward, fall back etc?

Evolution. I think that i difficult to explain and what you need is just accept it.

i live in like one of the only places that doesnt recognize daylight savings. screw all that stupid clock resetting. :p

i live in like one of the only places that doesnt recognize daylight savings. screw all that stupid clock resetting. :p

I'm pretty sure people living in CST and EST timezones don't change their clocks. Not too sure though, so you're not in one of the only places :p

I'm pretty sure people living in CST and EST timezones don't change their clocks. Not too sure though, so you're not in one of the only places :p

that is simply why i said "one of the only places" and not the only place. ;) there are a lot more places that change, and very few that dont.

Why Daylight Savings?

[ih]Demetris;1096546 said:

There are two key reasons that mesh with each other.

It's supposed to be so that in summer it pushes the daylight longer after people are out of work. This means vendors of activities are supposed to ... hold more activities. This means people should get out more. When people get out more, they're not at home with 12 lights, 3 game consoles, and 4 appliances running. It's supposed to save electricity.

But back to our activity vendors. If people are spending more, it also boosts the economy.

Back