• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Burst.NET

schoolbag

Hello,

What do you think about Burst.Net's VPS service? Is their uptime good? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Levente

Additionally, if such actions have caused mail servers or IP address ranges on the BurstNET™ network to be blacklisted, BurstNET™ reserves the right to assess a $100 charge to the customer account. This fee is set to cover administrative costs associated with removal from such lists.
&&
Reactivation:
If a service is suspended, the client will be required to pay a reactivation fee of $50.00, and when applicable, to cover any administrative costs associated with the offense/violation, as determined by BurstNET™

It can be trouble if you get suspended or get a ip black listed and you could end up in debt collection over a 5$ vps.

they are cheap, some customers are happy and some are extremely mad at them. dono why. but what they lack is good support. if you are expert in sys administration than you can give them a try in case to save money.

Or go FDCServers. I've never had a problem with them, and it's been nearly a year.

Friendly staff, extremely fast response times, fair prices.

Or go FDCServers. I've never had a problem with them, and it's been nearly a year.

Friendly staff, extremely fast response times, fair prices.

Another vote for FDCServers. Their servers have extremely fast speed. The only problem we have is ip's, most of their ip's are blacklisted by anti-spam companies.

Best Regards,

Not at current no, but in December they should be re-opening orders.

If you are an existing customer, you might be able to get your hands on one, just open up a ticket with Linda at sales.

FDC is pure crap, they are so far up them selves its not funny.
I have personal issues with one of the higher up FDC support staff, he thinks his crap dont stink and that FDC is the best, he uses manipulation to try make everyone else seem stupid, the bunch of FDC followers are just that, --- sucking scum.
Sorry - I hate FDC, I argued with this freak and his followers for over 7 days about direct admins compatibility with Debian, they couldn't install it correctly and blamed direct admin for not supporting it, even though direct admin fully support Debian and since I have moved from FDC, every other provider has installed DA fine.
Fact was FDC was using their centos install ideas on debian, and didnt follow the whole install through, then just emailed me the details, there was always a service down everytime they tried to install it, sometimes it was exim other times it was http, etc etc.
and this nub tried to blame ME for breaking it, once SSH broke, I have no ----ing idea how someone can break SSH but they managed to by installing da.

They are useless for thinking out of the box, they really are not well trained in all distros and will blame you if something gos wrong that they screwed up...

Edit: Dont believe me? try arguing a point with him, hes the main sales/support dude on FDC forum
He often posts the deals.

Last edited:
I had a issue with a FDC customer before, trying to dos / spam my forum that was hosted on my home internet connection. he was looking for guestbooks on my computer. Sent them a email, no response and it kept on happening. Same IP every time. I had to change the DNS name of that forum AND my IP (well, its dynamic so it was just a router reset) to get that guy to stop.

Last edited:
FDC seem to have a group of suck holes that suck up to high level tech support and they all seem to be one big happy family...
But if you disagree with them, you get attacked by support as well as randoms.

Reading the forum is enough to see this in action time and time again, thread and thread again....

Another vote for FDCServers. Their servers have extremely fast speed. The only problem we have is ip's, most of their ip's are blacklisted by anti-spam companies.

Best Regards,

Because they refuse to pay any money to remove them from the blacklists. They are cheap.

Even the "higher end" providers have an ugly side to them depending on who you talk to.

It is apparent just by the amount of time that Burst has been operating that they have happy customers. The same holds true for FDC.

You have to determine yourself if all the "bad" you hear outweighs all the silent "good" that gets posted.

So is there any cheap server provider which doesn't have an ugly side to it ?

Nothing wrong with burst.net if you want a cheap VPS, just dont trust them with your data coz at any point they can suspend your server and ask for 50$ to re-activate it.

Hmmm . That seems more of a marketing tactic of theirs instead :)
So basically if you're on a tight budget you have to go through this hell .
No way out...

Hmmm . That seems more of a marketing tactic of theirs instead :)
So basically if you're on a tight budget you have to go through this hell .
No way out...

Well, if you do something wrong or someone on your server does something wrong, its setup so they make money out of it.....
so in a way yes...

Back