• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

beware of hosting-shack

Status
Not open for further replies.
beware of the hosting shack, they have one of the worst services i have ever been to, their uptime is horrible. the hosting basically dies about 7-9:00 pm everyday PST. and doesnt return till about 8:00 am

the cpanel is just as bad, i have to try different url's to get into the cpanel at times and sometimes cant even get in that way, their ffmpeg reliability is 0.

i tried every youtube clone script trying to get something to work on their system. while trying a script that autodetected ffmpeg/cli settings, the host
reliability got even worse and i had no way to access the cpanel to remove it

and the host decided to be admin happy and ban me :confused4

avoid this host, their bad news

You were suspended for running nulled scripts (youtube clones , as it sounds from above), There uptime is good and the only reason why you are complaining about this host is because you have some personal vendetta about this host, there is no place on this forum for personal vendetta's.

And if you use nulled scripts it, its all your fault for being suspended, you only have yourself to blame.

More Info-
http://hosting-shack.com/forums/index.php?topic=1629.msg4899#new

You were suspended for running nulled scripts (youtube clones , as it sounds from above), There uptime is good and the only reason why you are complaining about this host is because you have some personal vendetta about this host, there is no place on this forum for personal vendetta's.

And if you use nulled scripts it, its all your fault for being suspended, you only have yourself to blame.

More Info-

I don't understand that host..

Suspended for nulled script users owes hosting-shack.com $25.00 reactivation fee.

They would re-activate someone who used pirated materials!?. I wouldn't trust that host, period.

It would be nice if someone from hosting-shack can come on here and spread some light on why they would allow a client that was using pirated materials to continue using their service.

Yeah, it's normally. Who the hell will allow to host vdo, music hosting on web hosting? Niether shared, resellers whether paid or free will allow that as standard. It's drain a lot of cpu for web hosting. You can only host that on paid vps, dedicated, colocations. Still you've to follow tos & not to host pirates. You are at fault youself for not ask them before install. You came to their host and don't even to ask those scripts that you're install & when you get ban you come to one-side blaming. You're at failed from your lack responsiblity they already create forums for you to ask & you don't use it.

Suspended for nulled script users owes hosting-shack.com $25.00 reactivation fee.

They would re-activate someone who used pirated materials!?. I wouldn't trust that host, period.
- Wrong, basic-basic, when anyone get ban form which host normally they would never allowed to be back again right?
- Even they want to get back and say "I'll not host pirate again" it can't be tell if they abuse again right? So they make a fines on them for guarantee for not to host pirate again and back as users normally.
- For those apologised users if they want to get back to host they've to pay fee as users guarantee.
- It's not that they reactivated their account to allow to host pirate stuff again.

This kind of concept for give another chance for bad users behave better and get back to the current host but that they've to pay fines to get back. That's the way to make bux from those abusers charge the fines on them until they stop bad behaviour. Some paid or free hosting seriously use this concept.

- Wrong, basic-basic, when anyone get ban form which host normally they would never allowed to be back again right?
- Even they want to get back and say "I'll not host pirate again" it can't be tell if they abuse again right? So they make a fines on them for guarantee for not to host pirate again and back as users normally.
- For those apologised users if they want to get back to host they've to pay fee as users guarantee.
- It's not that they reactivated their account to allow to host pirate stuff again.

This kind of concept for give another chance for bad users behave better and get back to the current host but that they've to pay fines to get back. That's the way to make bux from those abusers charge the fines on them until they stop bad behaviour. Some paid or free hosting seriously use this concept.

If someone steals from you, would you welcome them back into your shop with open arms?. Especially knowing they will likely steal another thing?.

If you were a friend and watched someone steal, would you just let them?. Would you do nothing?.

Same concept applies here. Allowing a thief to come back on your servers for a "fine" is pretty much saying you don't care at all.

Are you don't understand or acting dumb? This is not allow people back to host pirate. Go back and read it again.:shame:

This is pay fines for back to host allow only for them to host their normal site in the current host. If they abuse tos 2nd time they'll get banned no 2nd chance anymore.
Do you think abusers have to be abusers till the rest of their life?

Reactivations fines refers to:
- guarantee not to abuse again.
- 2nd chance only for host normal sites Not unlock for host pirate like before, don't be stupid.
Do you think hostee are that moron like you think? Please don't undestimate unfamiliar concept that you don't understand.

Ps. Since that host run similiar concept as mine about fines. So I'm here for clarify the "concept fines" that you questioning.
I'm not here for fight you, okay? Also it's fine then if you want to understand like that let it remain so.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the trouble you were having. Did you contact the host about the issues? Perhaps they would work them out for you.

I guess labyrinth needs to get educated in the world of business since he is defending that policy. A host is liable for anything on their servers and if you let someone hosting something "questionable" back on, your risking your entire business. $25 is not worth that risk.

Are you thinking that I'm Hosting shack owner? How funny you are. I'm stomache of your misreading.

Go back and read it again and no more trolling okay?

Last edited:
My concept fragments simliar only about "reactivation fines" only not amounts of fines.
$25 is not mine, it's hosting shack. I've a my own special[weird] way to filter them up safety.
Fines also far high enough to make them learn their lessons.

Okay, enough explain, I don't want to end up fight anyone here I just came to clarify everyone's questions that's all. Also, have a great day.

actually i've seen lots of host applies this policy.
1st time suspension and charge reactivation fees as warning to those who violate the TOS,
and then that account will be monitored.

if that user violate TOS again, then permanent suspension and bye bye to that user.

More Info-

heh, no, i was suspended for trying to get a script to work on their system.

your lying thru your teeth there, the uptime is horrible. i have no vendetta's, you do tho.

heh, no, i was suspended for trying to get a script to work on their system.

your lying thru your teeth there, the uptime is horrible. i have no vendetta's, you do tho.

yeh, a nulled one, if you give them proof that you had a liscence im sure they will unsuspend your account.

I have no vendetta's and there uptime is good, maybe you blocked ur ip out a couple of times.

If I did have a vendetta against them, why would I be fighting on their side.

This isnt the first time you have complained about a host who happens to be a good friend of mine.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1085136

Your opinion has allready been tainted, I guess you should appologize for your actions.

trying to get a nulled script to work on a web hosting is still illegal
:)

i know, i admit i was using a nulled script at the end, but i started off using a free ffmpeg youtube clones, every free script i tried didnt work. i tried the other script to try to figure out if i was doing something wrong in installations or if it was a part of loudwater gone bad, lol.

i think its something with the server, then the host did lie and tried to pin this on me too when i dont even use co.cc anymore, because it sucks bad.
hs2.png

i mainly use uni.cc now ;) my opinion isnt tainted, yours is. i forgot about old abuser colorhost, lol. maybe you should stop lying and apologize to me ;)

Last edited:
Nahh, that was Robert

I think me and Robert are friends again,

Colorhost owner is a firm friend of mine. I have nothing against you, but you must have been using a nulled script, there are lots of *Free* Scripts out there that turn out to be nulled, that could be why, but ultimatly it is up to you to check theese things out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back