• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Web Host for Sale

hamster

Super Moderator
NLC
Summary
A recent bout of bad luck brought about the downfall of the long established and reputable izFree free web hosting provider, so now I am putting it up for sale in hope that someone will take it from me and revive it to its former glory.

There is a copy of the most recent izFree website files and databases restored on a different hosting account where the izFree domain currently resolves to, so you should be able to check out the entire izFree website. Only the Sign Up page is dysfunctional as the current hosting account is not a reseller and does not operate under DirectAdmin.

What does this sale include?
-A complete free web hosting system ready to use
-izfree.com domain name (registered at namecheap, expires 5th November 2009)
-A unique and original design with various images
-A unique and original one-of-a-kind sign-up system purely coded from scratch by myself. Compatible only with DirectAdmin but can be modified to suit cPanel as well. Sign-up page makes use of ajax checks, requiring no page loads or refreshes before completion of the entire sign-up form.
-A community forum powered by MyBB open source forum software integrated into the izFree design housing
-Original TOS and FAQ
-A comprehensive custom-coded administrative interface to manage the free hosting applicants and recipients

Traffic Details
Alexa traffic rank of 121,072
Unique visitors peaked at about 1,600 daily in March and April 2009
Unique visitors at about 500 daily after recent closure of sign-ups
Listed in many reputable free hosting directories and blogs on the internet
Used to have a great placing of 3rd or 4th at free[dash]webhosts[dot]com, can be regained after the service is relaunched via request through contact of the owner's email address

Google Pagerank
izfree.com - PR3
/community/ - PR3
gettingstarted.php - PR2
freehosting.php - PR2
signup.php - PR2
/blog/ - PR2
...plus various pages of PR1

Revenue
Averaged about 250USD, hitting over 300USD in its peak, in monthly Google Adsense earnings when sign-ups were still open and the service was active.
No other form of revenue was acquired, thus showing that there is still much potential for profit maximizing through the sale of links/advertisements/banners.

Misc. Info
Compete rank of 127,411

Will take offers via this thread, private messaging (on this forum), MSN (in my profile here) and GTalk (ngwz92).

Last edited:
Why not? I've got 4 days left to my promotional examinations and this thing at hand. I just gotta let it go.

Hello

1. What's the server cost? bandwidth data?
2. will you move the site to my hosting if i bought it?
3. any bin in your mind?

Hello

1. What's the server cost? bandwidth data?
2. will you move the site to my hosting if i bought it?
3. any bin in your mind?

1. The server cost WAS 99.98USD monthly at Joe's Datacenter.
2. I will only provide you with the full backup generated from DirectAdmin.
3. There is no BIN. I take all offers into consideration.

I am interested but I rather prefer you set your asking price

I will not set an asking price, if you want to make an offer, do feel free to do so.

hamster, would you be willing to share your source for you billing system?

Like as in release it to the public?

1. The server cost WAS 99.98USD monthly at Joe's Datacenter.
2. I will only provide you with the full backup generated from DirectAdmin.
3. There is no BIN. I take all offers into consideration.

I will not set an asking price, if you want to make an offer, do feel free to do so.

Like as in release it to the public?

Joe's is a great place, I wouldn't rent their dedicated or VPS, but I would colocate with them (Have in the past).

Why are you selling it again?. If you can't afford the bills I would be more then happy to provide hosting for you. What was average bandwidth usage per month?.

Joe's is a great place, I wouldn't rent their dedicated or VPS, but I would colocate with them (Have in the past).

Why are you selling it again?. If you can't afford the bills I would be more then happy to provide hosting for you. What was average bandwidth usage per month?.

I don't want to start off from scratch again, it takes a lot of effort so I'm just letting it go this time.

no not release to the public. i was just wondering if you would sell or let me take over that software for further development

Nah I'd rather not. I've had a higher offer before when izFree was still up and running and I rejected it.

well i am in the middle of creating one of my own and i figured if i could buy one that is already created and just make some changes that i have in mind then it would be quicker but alright if you change your mind let me know.

what type of price are you looking for for the whole kitten kaboodle so that some people i know can take a look at it?

For the entire thing?. Software + site + everything else?. Hes probably looking at $600-1000.

If your "whole kitten kaboodle" refers to the whole of izFree, I have no set price for that, and I would rather keep it that way. If it refers to the software, I would only sell it "as is", meaning you would have to figure out the code yourself and find out how to modify it.

Last edited:
If your "whole kitten kaboodle" refers to the whole of izFree, I have set price for that, and I would rather keep it that way. If it refers to the software, I would only sell it "as is", meaning you would have to figure out the code yourself and find out how to modify it.

What is the set price if you don't mind me asking for the whole izFree?.

I will make an offer of $40.00
I know it is a pretty poor offer, but as I see it, its the best you got up to now mate.

Back