• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Paypal troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Any else having issues where clients will get a server for 6 months and pay each month, and then one day report an unauthorized transaction for all 6 months? I've had this happen 5 times in the last month in amounts over thousands of dollars each time. I have won every time but my account is coming in and out of a negative balance with the funds being held from the past. Really hurting my business.

Thoughts?

It happens, what more can I say?

Never had anyone do this to me. Do you have anti-fraud in place?

I have had this happen to myself, I actually lost though go figure, 4500 was gone. Its the big downfall with this online service.

Any else having issues where clients will get a server for 6 months and pay each month, and then one day report an unauthorized transaction for all 6 months? I've had this happen 5 times in the last month in amounts over thousands of dollars each time. I have won every time but my account is coming in and out of a negative balance with the funds being held from the past. Really hurting my business.

Thoughts?

Who would even have the gall to try that? :eek3:

Just charge monthly. Don't let people buy servers for 3, 6, 12, or 24 months. I wouldn't even bother doing that.

These are monthly people, they just like to file a dispute after being with us for 7 months for all 7 months.

You wouldn't think anyone would try such a thing. Just explain to PayPal they're none tangible goods and can't be refunded.

I guess, if you did telephone verification or specific verification checks on the relevant details of the clients before signup, you could provide them to PayPal as evidence.

But I'm sure it is just them changing their minds or being a pain.

Surely if your providing dedicated servers you'd call each new sign-up to make sure it's legit or ask them to send some proof of ID? not doing so is just asking for trouble IMO.

We are getting ready to roll out VPS Servers and won't be setting people up unless they answer the phone :)

Just charge monthly. Don't let people buy servers for 3, 6, 12, or 24 months. I wouldn't even bother doing that.
Accept payment via bank-transfer or Western Union for such termed contracts.
These are monthly people, they just like to file a dispute after being with us for 7 months for all 7 months.
No, no. Something is missing here. You cannot initiate a dispute/claim in PayPal after 45 days from the initial transaction date.

These people who are trying to screw you are pros. They are using fraudulent credit cards added on PayPal. So once the real owner of the card realizes, a charge back is placed by the credit card issuer. Not PayPal.

They file as an unauthorized charge, but I have won every case, currently back in the black!

They file as an unauthorized charge, but I have won every case, currently back in the black!

Good to hear, we had this happen a few times as well we added more security meassures to make sure that clients are who they say they are.
Besides that we modified our Terms of Service so that chargebacks are not allowed, no matter what happened.

But then again those idiots who have the nurve to request a chargeback after all those months won't give a rats *** about the TOS.

It happens, luckily paypal is really fast when it comes to handling disputes (NOT)

We are looking into alternative gateways that offer more protection (like 2CO) but still accept paypal payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back