• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

For The Aussies

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Happy Australia Day I guess.
What will you be getting up to?

Me? I will treat it like any normal day because:

1. I am not Australian, just living here
2. I don't agree that it should be celebrated. But that's my opinion.

I will get up, work on the "Project" a bit and go for a swim in the pool for a half hour.

You?

OI OI OI!

*spent the first 3 hours of his australia day in hospital! joys of a newborn*

Pool party and barbeque for me :beer:

Dean what was wrong with the little one?

So that is national holiday in Australia?

Yes.

A few things happen:

1. People get the day off work and watch Cricket or Tennis on TV.
2. Barbecues take place and people spend the day around the pool.
3. Internationals receive Australian Citizenship

But the real purpose of Australia Day, which defines the reason why I feel it should not be celebrated is this:

It marks the date that Captain Cook and his fleet of British Soldiers touched down in Australian land and fought and killed many Aboriginal people in order to take their land and place it under British Rule, which it still stands.

The Aboriginals call it Mourning Day because of the many thousands of their people who fought and died during that war with Britain in order to try and save their country.

After Britain gained control of Australia, the British started to move in. They took Aboriginal children and turned them into slaves to serve the white man (The British). This is known as "The Stolen Generation".

So, to me, as an Irish Man who's country faced similar situations with The British, I feel such a day should not be celebrated.

Just my 2c.

Dean what was wrong with the little one?

Problem in the poo train.

I think the aboriginals are calling for a little too much - asking for us to change what day we celebrate the birth of our nation... - what's happened has happened and has been reconised by the goverment..

... just my own opinon.

That's insane. Can't wait till it gets warm here. Not HOT just warm. I don't want anymore cold.

Today: Highs - 40 Lows - 14
Tomorrow (Wednesday): Highs: 42 Lows: 19
Thursday: Highs: 41 Lows: 24
Friday: Highs: 42 Lows: 22

Temperatures in Celsius

Lows = Night Time
Danno = Pool :D

Ye, 40+ every dam day this week, dont think it got beloe 25 last night lol...

Yes.
But the real purpose of Australia Day, which defines the reason why I feel it should not be celebrated is this:

It marks the date that Captain Cook and his fleet of British Soldiers touched down in Australian land and fought and killed many Aboriginal people in order to take their land and place it under British Rule, which it still stands.

The Aboriginals call it Mourning Day because of the many thousands of their people who fought and died during that war with Britain in order to try and save their country.

After Britain gained control of Australia, the British started to move in. They took Aboriginal children and turned them into slaves to serve the white man (The British). This is known as "The Stolen Generation".

So, to me, as an Irish Man who's country faced similar situations with The British, I feel such a day should not be celebrated.

Just my 2c.

Where where u sitting when you typed that Dan?
Oh thats right, your in Australia, on Stolen land...

Ye, 40+ every dam day this week, dont think it got beloe 25 last night lol...

Where where u sitting when you typed that Dan?
Oh thats right, your in Australia, on Stolen land...

Yep, on Stolen land.
I didn't feckin write it to offend people. But if you are offended that's your own feckin issue. Yet the Aussies will tell you how much they hate the feckin Queen and wish they could have an Aussie President instead of the British Rule.

Perhaps a littel, just as youd be offended if i Insulted the Irish people for the Crimes of the British or if i said that St Patricks day shouldnt be celebrated because of the Ulster Massacre...

Back