• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Company Name Suggestion

xd3vilx

Hi there,

I am looking to setup a network of company that would will provide non-internet service to the people. Such as transporting, event organizing, shirt printing etc. I rack my brain whole day, I can't seem to be able to get a creative and proper name. This will be my first proper business and hope to get it right. Name like Virgin group is real creative and I hope you guys could provide some suggestion. :)

Thanks.

Well you can make it abstract (Donner Group) or relate it to what you're offering (like that company Stiff Nipples that sells air conditioning).

Here's an idea...

Instead of coming up with a company name come up with a CHARACTER that will represent your company.

Then you can tell that character's story in your marketing materials which will convey your company's values. This will be far more memorable than a passive name of a company.

People can feel connected to the character in some way too, which will help you build loyalty and bring your company to life.

You can then name each thing you offer separately. "Character Name's T-Shirt Printing" "Character's Name the Event Organizer", etc.

You can have a graphics artist come up with a cartoon character to represent your brand for not that much money and it'd be totally worth the investment.

Just remember, all your marketing materials should some how tell a story involving your character so that you are seen as different.

Just remember to be consistent in your brand image. That is if you offer a high quality t-shirt printing service, do not offer a low-end service of another type. Be consistent and offer only high-quality services, or only low-end services, or ONLY services aimed at a PARTICULAR segment of consumers (like college students, people between the ages of x and y who do z, etc.).

Never say "everyone is my customer" because if "everyone" is your customer then NO ONE is your customer (that's an old marketing saying).

As far as the name itself, if you have a name that is short and easy to remember, you can even make the character be a cartoon representation of you and go with your name. If you are weary of using your full real name then you can always change the first or last name. Otherwise, you can think up just about any name.

How's that for an outside the box idea?

Last edited:
Here's an idea...

Instead of coming up with a company name come up with a CHARACTER that will represent your company.

Then you can tell that character's story in your marketing materials which will convey your company's values. This will be far more memorable than a passive name of a company.

People can feel connected to the character in some way too, which will help you build loyalty and bring your company to life.

You can then name each thing you offer separately. "Character Name's T-Shirt Printing" "Character's Name the Event Organizer", etc.

You can have a graphics artist come up with a cartoon character to represent your brand for not that much money and it'd be totally worth the investment.

Just remember, all your marketing materials should some how tell a story involving your character so that you are seen as different.

Just remember to be consistent in your brand image. That is if you offer a high quality t-shirt printing service, do not offer a low-end service of another type. Be consistent and offer only high-quality services, or only low-end services, or ONLY services aimed at a PARTICULAR segment of consumers (like college students, people between the ages of x and y who do z, etc.).

Never say "everyone is my customer" because if "everyone" is your customer then NO ONE is your customer (that's an old marketing saying).

As far as the name itself, if you have a name that is short and easy to remember, you can even make the character be a cartoon representation of you and go with your name. If you are weary of using your full real name then you can always change the first or last name. Otherwise, you can think up just about any name.

How's that for an outside the box idea?

Brilliant.

Guys, I really doubt that he is going to post in this thread again.

Sorry guys, kind of busy in the last few days.

Conscript: Brilliant out of the box idea. Kind of like it. Will be looking into it. Thanks.

To the rest of the guys: Thanks alot. You guys have plenty of creative idea, will put them into consideration.

Last edited:
Back