• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Site for Neighborhood Park Users Page

Bongolation

I want to put up a volunteer website for the two neighborhood parks where I live, to make park district announcements, budget statements, bid posting, security alerts, etc. Initially, I want to put up a Wordpress page and a bbPress forum for discussion. Eventually, I may want to put up live webcam coverage of the monthly administrative meeting, if it turns out this is feasible. I don't think this site will consume much bandwidth or disk space, but I won't know for sure until it gets going.

CPanel, Softaculous and the usual stuff would be very nice, but the main thing is that the provider has to be rock-solid in terms of connection, uptime and longevity. Because I have never been able to find more than two of those three of these at once, I also want to have a couple of mirror backup sites, just in case.

Sound like something you'd like to provide service for?

Hello,

We would be more than happy to host something like this, assuming you have your own domain name. We most certainly meet all 3 of your requirements. :)

As far as disk space and bandwidth, you are absolutely correct. A simple forum and Wordpress page is going to use very little of both. Most shared hosts (especially free ones) are not going to handle live streaming of any kind, as that is definitely when you start getting into high amounts of bandwidth being used, saturating the port, etc. Youtube Live Events is a great way to stream something like that, or there are quite a few other alternatives out there.

Is it possible to use a subdomain for this on WSWD, at least initially?

If I remember correctly, it's possible to embed an external Youtube or other streaming video option within the website. If so, that wouldn't add to the bandwidth load.

You can get an .xyz domain from namecheap for 1$ I think, and you can use it for testing.

Is it possible to use a subdomain for this on WSWD, at least initially?

If I remember correctly, it's possible to embed an external Youtube or other streaming video option within the website. If so, that wouldn't add to the bandwidth load.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't get a notification that there was a reply. We don't offer subdomains, as it makes it far too difficult to track abuse, but as was said, there are really cheap domains (or even free...i.e. from Freenom). You are correct that embedding videos will not use any of your hosting bandwidth at all.

Back